PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game thoughts - No So Jacked & Pumped Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, if the Patriots make the post-season, does anyone have faith that this team is going to be able to cover teams who can throw the ball deep?

The question is, if the Patriots make the post-season, does anyone have faith that this team is going to be able to cover teams who can throw the ball deep?

If their D plays better after the bye then yes i will be confident...let's see HOW they enter the playoffs before we talk about if we will have faith in the D

Mayo is a tackling machine, but I don't think people fear him...

I agree with everything in your post, but I have to get this off my chest:
Mayo's attempted tackle on Wilson in the 1st quarter on 3rd/4 was a complete disgrace.
Wilson was flushed out of the pocket by Jones & Cunningham and was still 6+ yards from
a first down when Mayo literally bounced off him. No move, no deke from Wilson to try to
elude the tackle; Mayo simply effed-up, big-time. Inexcusable that a rookie QB, 200 lbs
soaking wet, could so easily get the better of a 245-lb 5th-year vet. That play cost us 4
points; add that to the 10 that Brady literally threw away, and this game should've been
a 2-TD win regardless of Seattle's 2 4th-quarter bombs.

If they make the post season I think they are the most dangerous team in the AFC. What if seen from this team has been outstanding. The record might not show it but for example Brady needs to be a bit more accurate and Gronk makes that touchdown and we simply crush the best D in the league right now. This team, for a long time, can't defend the deep bomb. And still there wasn't a team, except the Steelers last year and the Ravens 2009, that really dominated this team.

The 3rd down defense is WAY better. Chandler Jones is on his way to become DROY. Get used to it there will be big plays made against this D. We hoped it would change but it hasn't. We still have to hope that TFB bails them out time and time again. He has now better support with the run game and good WRs, but bottom line this team dominates and loses depending on how Brady plays. Brady has a terrific game, they dominate every team in football right now like against the Seahawks in the first half, Brady has a poor game and this team will fail like against the Seahawks in the 2nd half.

If he can win a ring with this team we can stop arguing about who is the GOAT. In this pass happy league he would made the worst secondary in a long time win it. It is that simple, it's all on Bradys shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back