PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game six

All good points, but I still thought that we were the Superior Team. I expected the Celts to handle this Chicago team with no problem without KG.
I was wrong.

Atlanta should have beaten easily last year, but took them down the last few minutes of game seven before they were beaten. They aren't as good as they should have been, they need to play better if they even want to have a shot at the next round.

Luckily it looks like their possible opponents might be just as badly beaten up with them going to a game six, hopefully they can beat the Bulls and move on to the Magic.

All good points, but I still thought that we were the Superior Team. I expected the Celts to handle this Chicago team with no problem without KG.
I was wrong.

Too many opportunities wasted in this game.
Tony Allen, Paul Pierce, Rondo and Doc Rivers made mistakes and poor decisions that cost us several opportunities at maintaining/obtaining the lead.

Dare I say it, I see the Bulls coming out on top. Hopefully that works out as a jinx against them. :)
Sadly, this team is but a shadow of what it was last year, most markedly with their inconsistent defense. No way they're getting past Cleveland.

Hopefully Ainge and company do something about that bench, something they neglected to do in the last postseason alongside making some better draft choices...
Giddens is looking like a bust.

-Jamman

Last edited:
Was an awesome game. Kept you on the edge of your seat thats for sure. The refs sure had some over anxious whistles tonight too...

I think we'll win game 7 at home, as tired as our Celtics are, the Bulls have gotta be pretty worn out too at this point, and homecourt advantage is nice to have. If we do manage to get past Chicago...I think we'll be able to beat Orlando...from there...who knows where we'll go...

No use moaning about the loss of Powe & KG. Doesn't help. And the Refs have been inconsitent for both teams. It's been one of the greatest series in the history of the NBA. You have to give the Bulls credit. They're making clutch shots when they need them.

That said, the Celts have to suck it up and do some a** kicking at the Garden for game seven. Rondo needs to penetrate like he did in the first give games and stay tighter on Rose. If Pierce and Ray are both on their games, the Bulls can start playing golf after game 7. The D has to be more aggresive, and Perk & Big Baby need to box out to deny the Bulls offensive rebounds.

May the best team win, and let it be the Green!

Atlanta should have beaten easily last year, but took them down the last few minutes of game seven before they were beaten.

The last few minutes? It was 99-65. The game was over in the first quarter.

The last few minutes? It was 99-65. The game was over in the first quarter.

They were still in it until about the middle third quarter...They were still nibbling away at the lead before the bottom fell out on them.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back