PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game seem a little fishy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarakotas5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So many questions. Why, why, why?

Was it an advanced practice? Are they not invincible? Moss? Maroney?

Defense? Middle of the field, please continue.

To me, the game seemed fishy. Call me crazy. I expect it. But...This game literally seemed to be a "let's see how close they can come if we do this..." game.

?

Well, the inane officiating was a bit fishy.

As usual.

Me and my buddy's watching the game tonight... all said throughout... this is the weirdest called game we've ever seen.

That many passes in a row... and no screen or draw plays. There had to be something going on that we just don't know about. Weird, very very weird.

That said, I thought Andy Reid and the Eagles really stepped it up and showed something.

Think I'll start my first thread about that.

To respond:

I think the officiating was fine. Let 'em play combined with solid rulings on called plays.

Playcalling was one for the books. Should've confused anybody.

Seemed to me as either a) some weird practice b) compensation for a running game that may be our worst fear or c) a + b

Last edited:
Belichick tanks at least 1 game every year ... perhaps this was a tank with a win. It does seem strange ... especially with the pass rush up the middle.
We have been using the delayed draw all year to counter that rush up the middle ... and did not run that play once today ... oh well ... 11-0:D :) ;)

I brought this up immediately in the game thread as soon as the game ended...the whole game plan was fishy

Glad you mentioned the "fishiness" of the game.

I couldn't help but watch the beginning what wonder what the heck was the problem with the defense. I mean, Jason Avant, Kevin Curtis, Brown and Lewis couldn't have been the best the Pats have played?!?!? And Feeley leading the charge to an upset?

I thought there were some penalties that were not called and a few that were that shouldn't have been. Moss look like he did in Oakland (frustrated and near apathetic). Patriot WRs dropped passes that really shouldn't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back