PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
So all the media hype aside and assuming both teams play to their strength what should the pats game plan be ?
obviously it starts with stopping the pass rush of the giants but with a nicked up oline this could be tough . Will we run more draws and screens in this game ? Or will be a quick short passing game.?
On defense, we have to stop jacobs and bradshaw. Their oline is a very good run blocking team.
The fact that BB just did walkthroughs this week makes me wonder how heavy a gameplan BB will employ considering there is a chance we could see the giants again ...

thoughts ?

both teams will run the hell out of the ball. the giants will run because they can and cannot pass, and the patriots will run to set up huge bombs to moss and especially stallworth. expect a short game.
IMO

On offense I expect the Pats to either run the ball a lot or shred the Giants underneath, setting up Randy for later in the game. I expect that to be similar to the Eagles except that Randy won't have a TD taken away, etc.

On defense I think they bring the extra guy into the box and stuff Jacobs. Next is obvious: Make a piss-poor Manning beat them, and that just ain't gonna happen.

On offense I expect us to drive the ball up field with some heave running, then when we're in the endzone, either slants or quick fades to Moss.

They come out gunning like they always do. I think this looks a lot like the PGH game.

I know they like to hype the opponant and build them as though they we playing against themselves, But I couldn't remember one significant win that the Giants have had this season, so I checked their website and guess what their record against teams with winning records is only 1-5 a win against the skins in Sept. Anyone remember how the pats fared against Washington?

I expect the Pats to go back to form in the first half, get Tom and Randy their records, play a little schoolyard ball like they did against the fins through the third and let Matt Cassel hit Troy Brown for the 22 different player in the fourth and then chisel that 16-0 in stone because you can't break that record you can only tie it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back