PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game plan going forward. run, run, and more runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbrunner

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I honestly dont think that BB will put Cassel in a position where he is expected to duplicate what Tom has done over the past couple years. With 4 healthy RBs, do you think we will see a heavy emphasis on the run? I am talking 30+ touches for the combination of LoMo, Sammy Morris and Jordan.

With the way the game is nowadays?

No. You have to pass effectively in the first half to get a lead and shake out the defense. I don't expect us to use the spread as a time-control offense as much anymore, you're right insofar as that is concerned.

Not unless Cassel proves to be totally incapable of playing QB (which he won't). With Moss and Welker on the field, you have the best deep threat and the best slot receiver in the game, regardless of who's throwing them the ball. I doubt the Pats are going to just abandon that part of the offense.

Now they may not start the game with 10 straight passes, or whatever they began with yesterday, but I'm still betting there will be more passes than runs in the offensive mix.

I was really hoping for 30 touches per game anyway. Maybe even more. Right after we signed Jordon, I was thinking how nice it would be to play some smash mouth football. Kill the clock, wear down the defense, play action to Moss. Now it looks like we may see that.

One thing some posters need to remember. When Brady came in for Bledsoe, he was asked to not make mistakes. Manage the game. Brady didnt just walk out on the field that day, and start throwing t.d.'s. People in New England werent even sure if the team would be ok with him at QB. Go figure, after they won the superbowl, everyone loved Brady (except Borges.lol.). Now, we may be in the same situation. I, for one, think Cassel will be able to do just enough to win. All vets brought in will be the backup. Cassell stays the starter. IMO. :D

This team has been very successful the last 7 years but has been average at best while rushing the football. Can someone explain how this will improve without the threat of Tom Throwing the ball? Did our offensive line improve over the summer?

Gameplan: lose.

Of course it sucks what happened, but I think we could have a dominant running game. You get some nice opportunities for long passes when you can smashmouth and require safeties to come up.

One game at a time. I still think we match up well against most teams.

As a doubter (is this the same guy from the preseason?) I have to give Cassel props. Aggressive and poised, that's all I can ask.

Of course he's not going to be perfect, but If he gains a little more confidence and quits with the happy feet in the pocket, we've got the personnel to hang with anyone.

This team has been very successful the last 7 years but has been average at best while rushing the football. Can someone explain how this will improve without the threat of Tom Throwing the ball? Did our offensive line improve over the summer?

The more you use something, the more you improve. They neglected running the ball for long stretches last year. Running is about rhythm.

This offensive line needs to learn how to run block better. I'd love to see a dominating OL that can just drain the clock and run the ball.

Kinda like when Corey Dillon was here. Specifically, the game in the playoffs versus the Colts his first year here.

I was really hoping for 30 touches per game anyway. Maybe even more. Right after we signed Jordon, I was thinking how nice it would be to play some smash mouth football. Kill the clock, wear down the defense, play action to Moss. Now it looks like we may see that.

One thing some posters need to remember. When Brady came in for Bledsoe, he was asked to not make mistakes. Manage the game. Brady didnt just walk out on the field that day, and start throwing t.d.'s. People in New England werent even sure if the team would be ok with him at QB. Go figure, after they won the superbowl, everyone loved Brady (except Borges.lol.). Now, we may be in the same situation. I, for one, think Cassel will be able to do just enough to win. All vets brought in will be the backup. Cassell stays the starter. IMO. :D

You think Maroney, Morris and Jordan can run like the great Antowain?:rolleyes: How soon people forget how you can make a mediocre back look like a stud by using him til he gets into a groove.

You think Maroney, Morris and Jordan can run like the great Antowain?:rolleyes: How soon people forget how you can make a mediocre back look like a stud by using him til he gets into a groove.

Well, some on here, would call Maroney, morris, and Jordon mediocre. So yeh, I think they will do alot better than antowain. Though I think you were just messing with me, with that question. :D

Pound the Rock, I remember Sammy Morris gashing people last year until he got hurt we have a full clip this season so lets fire away. Jordan and Morris can both get tough yards and Maroney and faulk can bounce it to the outside and make people miss. We can still use Moss and Welker and Watson to keep D's from stacking the box but I think we run,run, run.

The team ran very well towards the end of last year and in the playoffs, as they have intermittenly throughout the years (best running game in the league in 2004) whenever they have committed to the run (except for 2003 when Antowain hit the wall).

I fully expect them to run more now than they would have otherwise.

Corre, laurence, con los nalgas en fuego.

I fully expect them to run more now than they would have otherwise.

As will most teams hence the opportunity for Cassel to find space. Lets also hope Randy and Wes put some glue on their gloves

From what I saw yesterday he has a good arm, can throw the long ball and the short stuff. Given time in the pocket he'll hit someone

Funny how we all said a poor OL would get Brady hurt ... took one quarter

As will most teams hence the opportunity for Cassel to find space. Lets also hope Randy and Wes put some glue on their gloves

From what I saw yesterday he has a good arm, can throw the long ball and the short stuff. Given time in the pocket he'll hit someone

eeerrr, you mean Brady got hit by the guy Morris was blocking right? :rolleyes:

You must have skipped past the 1,000s of "Cut Cassel" threads. Wait, that was last week.

You must have skipped past the 1,000s of "Cut Cassel" threads. Wait, that was last week.

Holy crap! you finally replied to a post in english .lmao. thank you, btw, as i do not speak spanish :D

Holy crap! you finally replied to a post in english .lmao. thank you, btw, as i do not speak spanish :D

So you were schooled in the basics. No me sopresa en este pais.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye