PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game on the line, do you trust the kicking game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I don't know how Gostkowski can miss a 32-yarder. I'm not saying that we should have kept Vinatieri because he might have missed that one also.

However, does anyone ever worry about the close games if we have to send Gostkowski in to win it?

Last edited:
Not really, everyone misses. Vinatieri hasn't had the best of weeks either has he. He should have made the fg but thats easy for us to say. I'd have faith in the kid if it came down to it.

I don't know how Gostkowski can miss a 32-yarder. I'm not saying that we should have kept Vinatieri because he might have missed that one also.

However, does anyone ever worry about the close games if we have to send Gostkowski in to win it?

Since the Pats are already accused of running up the score, maybe they should have Gost kick some FG's to get some game-time reps in. I think he'll be fine.

Not really. That whole team was flat. Remember, Gost was money in the playoffs last year, including a 54-yard game-winner against SD.

The Ghost has proven himself. I'm fine with the Ghost.

Better year in 2007 than Vinatieri also.

On replay it actually looked like he DID make the kick. So maybe the refs just made a bad call. It was really close. So it's hard to blame him if the refs, who also botched the PI call on Moss, made the wrong call on the kick.

He Made The Kick. We All Know This. So Why This Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes