PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky Sox and Underware - Never Washed - They have been pretty good this decade:D

JK, I have a Troy Brown SB36 Jersey on a nice run right now.....And I get a Dog and a Mountain Dew (funny thing is I dont really like Dew that much anymore) on my way to the seats an hour before the game and go to the Seats and try not to leave until the game is over (sometimes nature calls). I switch up the Jersey when a L happens and everything else has been done for every single home game and a few road games.

Since its a night game I usually dont put my patriots gear on till i finish what needs to be done. But, I usually put on(in the winter) my patriots sweater with a jerod mayo jersey over it. I wear my patriots socks, sweat pants, socks, and Patriots cap and order a pizza to be delivered 2-5 minutes before the game starts! I usually drink beer during the game but promised my pregnant girlfriend that i wont drink alcohol till she can drink alcohol after the pregnancy. GO PATRIOTS!!

I have an old Pats t shirt I usually wear, and while running I wear my old Pats hat instead of the Army hat I usually wear. My daughter wears her Brady jersey, and if it's a night game, I whip up a cappuccino. I also prep my signature to be updated in the event the Pats win. When I don't do that, the Pats have been 1-2 (the Bills were the lone victory).

Avoiding the Game Day thread has been a new one I've incorporated the last couple seasons. :D

Last edited:
Back before it became a game day ritual, I would wolf down a can of Chunky's New England Clam Chowder before the game started.. a few times that I did this, I noticed that they won.

So at the beginning of the 2007 season, I started my ritual.. 30mins before each Pats game, I would eat a can of Chunky clam chowder no matter where I was (one memorable time was in a parking lot in the middle of a blizzard because my girlfriend refused to let me eat that stinky stuff inside her car).

Thing is, I had to eat it straight out of the can.. no heating or dumping into any other container.

This went on for the entire 2007 season and we know the result.. into the playoffs, same story. The day of the Super Bowl, I was invited to her parents place for dinner and I missed eating the can because we were finishing our meal about 30mins before the game.

She chalked it up to a stupid superstition and I heavy-heartedly agreed.

The next year, on the first game of the 2008 season, she managed to convince me to STOP the silly tradition of eating cold clam chowder out of a can before each game.. like a complete moron, I agreed.

We broke up in Dec of '08 and I haven't spoken to her since.

I haven't gotten back into my little ritual, but I think I need to start it up again..

Last edited:
Back before it became a game day ritual, I would wolf down a can of Chunky's New England Clam Chowder before the game started.. a few times that I did this, I noticed that they won.

So at the beginning of the 2007 season, I started my ritual.. 30mins before each Pats game, I would eat a can of Chunky clam chowder no matter where I was (one memorable time was in a parking lot in the middle of a blizzard because my girlfriend refused to let me eat that stinky stuff inside her car).

Thing is, I had to eat it straight out of the can.. no heating or dumping into any other container.

This went on for the entire 2007 season and we know the result.. into the playoffs, same story. The day of the Super Bowl, I was invited to her parents place for dinner and I missed eating the can because we were finishing our meal about 30mins before the game.

She chalked it up to a stupid superstition and I heavy-heartedly agreed.

The next year, on the first game of the 2008 season, she managed to convince me to STOP the silly tradition of eating cold clam chowder out of a can before each game.. like a complete moron, I agreed.

We broke up in Dec of '08 and I haven't spoken to her since.

I haven't gotten back into my little ritual, but I think I need to start it up again..

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!! jk

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!! jk

Haha, if only a Patriots win could be attributed to whether or not I ate a can of chowder.. :)

Needless to say, I *DID* feel like I had let the team down somehow. You should have seen the look of shock on my face.. I swear they thought I had a stroke.

game will be in the real dark night but i will be there...in front of tv...Go Pats !

Last edited:
I'm not superstitious and do nothing but make sure there's plenty of homebrew in the frig, extra sharp cheese, some ribs or chicken and banish my wife to the sunroom. When the Pats have game in hand break out the Patron and have a few shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back