PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 3 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1. Reche looks very tentative catching passes from Brady, and comfortable catching passes from Cassell. Maybe Brady makes him nervous: either way, not a good sign so far.
2. The Pats have trouble running to the weak side. Maybe Matt Light is a problem here.
3. Rodney, understandably, a bit hesitant. maybe Sanders should start weeks 1-3.
4. Too soon to tell on Seau. I Like the fact he communicates with his teammates. A little secret: It's really not that hard playing ILB behind Wilfork, Warren and Seymour. If you can't do it, it probably means you suck.
5. Banta-Cain lost contain several times on running plays. A little disappointing against the run. Something to keep an eye on.
6. This offense would score 30+ points a game with Deion.
7. Watson seems a little savvier about avoiding the big hit. I like that he's going down a little more quickly over the middle, to keep himself on the field. Good to see maturation there.
8. I have to admit, J. Sullivan shows some signs. I can't tell how much the Skins mailed it in, but you have to give him some credit.
9. Eric Alexander, thy name is Roman Phifer.
10. Hobbs and Samuel very strong. Brunell very weak.

Reche looked more comfortable catching passes from Cassel in the 4th quarter. I think the defense they were facing at that juncture reminded him of practice.

Just having Rodney and Junior active ramped up the attitude and intensity on the field all night and it carried over long after they donned their baseball caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes