PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 3 fallout: Who gets cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
???
Clayton and Chris Taylor are our running backs for Thursday's game.

Buddy Farnham
Chris Taylor
Thomas Clayton
Carson Butler
Ross Ventrone

Kaczur to IR
Weston to IR
Owens
Carson Butler
Love

Surprised to see Wilhite's name mentioned a few times. As much as he frustrates everyone by his play, BB seems to like the kid. He must be a hard worker and looks good in practice to get so much PT in subpackages. With Wheatley going down with an injury, I can't see Wilhite getting cut.

As long as this guy doesn't start and he's the fourth CB on the field, I'll be fine with that (fingers crossed).

Kaczur to IR
Weston to IR
Owens
Carson Butler
Love

Weston is on IR. I think Kaczur too, but maybe they play wait and see if they don't need the spot.

Farnham
Ventrone
Rod Owans
Carson Butler
DeAngelo Willingham

There is logic to what you say, but bear in mind that we are talking about who Belichick will cut, and he is definitely NOT a Mister Spock. Throw logic out the window when Belichick is involved in player movements.

When I see comments like this, I just have to shake my head because it makes it clear that the poster is the one with the issue, not Belichick.

Belichick has perfect logical reasoning behind every move he makes.. Just because you or I don't understand the move doesn't mean it's not logical. We just don't have all the facts in front of us to understand that logic.

Weston is on IR. I think Kaczur too, but maybe they play wait and see if they don't need the spot.

Kaczur hasn't officially been added to the IR that I know of. But you are correct on Weston.

Interesting on Kaczur. Is his back injury be significant enough to IR him or is there a possibility that he will be PUPed? Any info on the type of injury? Disc-related?

Interesting on Kaczur. Is his back injury be significant enough to IR him or is there a possibility that he will be PUPed? Any info on the type of injury? Disc-related?

Kaczur can't be PUPed as he practiced with the team. Come on Robert. You know that.

Well Kaczur cant be put on the PUP list correct? If not it is likely IR.

I think guys like Robinson and Farnham go to the practice squad and the practice squad means they aren't on the active roster..

I really believe Maroney and Aiken could be cut. I'd rather keep Aiken over Maroney, 4 years is too long for him to not get his act together.. I think Dane Fletcher could be cut again placed on the practice squad..

There are so many possibilities, this next week is going to be very busy and I would expect a few shockers..

In BB we trust

Well Kaczur cant be put on the PUP list correct? If not it is likely IR.

I think guys like Robinson and Farnham go to the practice squad and the practice squad means they aren't on the active roster..

I really believe Maroney and Aiken could be cut. I'd rather keep Aiken over Maroney, 4 years is too long for him to not get his act together.. I think Dane Fletcher could be cut again placed on the practice squad..

There are so many possibilities, this next week is going to be very busy and I would expect a few shockers..

In BB we trust

I seriously doubt Aiken will be cut on the first level of cuts at least. Maroney is not going to be cut this time or in all likelihood for the final 53 either. Do I think he's great? No. But he's serviceable, cheap, and under 30.

I seriously doubt Aiken will be cut on the first level of cuts at least. Maroney is not going to be cut this time or in all likelihood for the final 53 either. Do I think he's great? No. But he's serviceable, cheap, and under 30.

I don't want Aiken cut, but I was just saying basically nothing would surprise me.. If Maroney stays, he needs to produce, enough said.

Perhaps you have had a bad day, but this analysis is the worst I've seen from you. I would have said "worst by far" except that I saw your post on the first five cuts.

There is logic to what you say, but bear in mind that we are talking about who Belichick will cut, and he is definitely NOT a Mister Spock. Throw logic out the window when Belichick is involved in player movements.

My cuts are- Benjarvis Green ellis, no burst, no moves, not a great blocker, good kid seems to hold onto the ball securely has some talent as a receiver but unless there already moving Maroney I don't see the need or waste of space. I think he'd make the practice squad but I say eh who cares. we've seen him with the ones and he underwhelmed besides some goal line play made possible by giant holes our offensive line paved for him.

Wilhite, Wasn't physical isn't exceptionally fast or sudden, not smooth out of his backpedal, doesn't watch the ball constantly get's beat by teams 4th receivers.

Pierre Woods- Brings nothing to the linebacker rotation the experiment has to end great person great physical specimen looks like tarzan plays like jane syndrome. People have passed him on special teams in my opinion.

Sam Aiken- Least talented out of the receiving threats, great special teamer but he's getting up there and it be a shame to let a young player go then to keep on this career special teamer.

Zac Robinson- Inaccurate, lacks pocket instincts project at best destination practice squad.
To me this is a big time whiff for FIRST cuts. FIVE misses...I HIGHLY doubt all of these 5 will be given their walking papers on Tuesday...why I even think it would be a LONG stretch if ANY of these players are let go then.
Not sure why the downplaying of special teams...almost like that part of the game is unimportant...(IT ISN'T!!)
Robinson will be playing Thursday probably a LOT of the second half. They are not going to have Hoyer playing all; Give Robinson some reps and see what he can do in game conditions. He won't make the 53, but has a good shot at the PSquad.
Aiken most likely will make the 53 as they do need a vet on special teams. Leaving it up to young players is not a good idea. they need someone who can see fakes and other trickery early so it can be stopped. younger players usually miss those things. Another reason to have an experienced vet amongst the group.
Green-Ellis is the only younger back of quality that they have. he's on the bubble now, but I would not be surprised to see him on the 53. he will also play a lot on Thursday.
Woods may be the most prolific ST player on the team. If he's cut, it will be a tough one, but I still think he's got a shot at making the team on that.
Wilhite is also on the bubble being a solid back up and ST player. Will that be enough?? It might not be, but he's in the mix.
But there are others who I THINK might be closer to what the cuts will be.
Farnham
Ventrone
Rod Owans
Carson Butler
DeAngelo Willingham
I don't think BOTH Farnham and Owens will be waived..one will be but I tend to think they will want to see one of them play more. (Jenkins could also be mentioned here.) Butler might be..Meyers looks like a PSquad candidate again.
Willigham certainly COULD be..BUT I do think Barrett will be IRed as this is the first date to avoid waivers on injured younger players. I also tend to think MORE offensive players than those on D. Love will play more as he did not look all that bad last Thursday. As far as IR goes, who knows. they wish to wait on Kaczur..but who really knows about Slater, Lockett, Cunningham and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes