DL Myron Pryor – 27 of 69
OLB Jermaine Cunningham – 23 of 69
CB Jonathan Wilhite – 22 of 69
DL Mike Wright – 16 of 69
LB Gary Guyton – 15 of 69
CB Kyle Arrington – 8 of 69
DL Kyle Love – 6 of 69
S Jarrad Page – 2 of 69

In a sign of how far he has come from his rookie season, DE Ron Brace was just four snaps shy of surpassing his entire total of plays from 2009.

Looks like Wilfork could be used more than in previous seasons. Also supporting that is his observation that he was DE in sub packages that didn't defend so well against the run.

I think in this game we were going against a team that is perceived to be run centric, so you find more ways and situations to keep Wilfork on the field. This is represented by Spikes playing almost double the snaps of last week, as he's the more run focused between him and Guyton.

Looks like McCourty certainly has the coaches trust!

Impressed for a rookie on a team of BBs to be playing so much :)

CB Devin McCourty – 69 of 69

Impressive, especially for a rookie.

DL Myron Pryor – 27 of 69
Lined up 0-tech, or shading, on a couple of big Jets running plays up the middle. Why Myron why?

S Patrick Chung – 69 of 69
S James Sanders – 56 of 69
Sanders calls the signals, Chung makes the plays, but neither can cover. :(

Last edited:
SOME NOTES

Obviously, the division of reps will change depending on who we play, general game situation, and how much we are playing with a lead.

1) WARREN and BRACE are clearly our primary DE's. Wright was reduced to 20% of the reps. Last year he was in over 50%.

2) SPIKES is indeed the "starter" opposite Mayo. We said that Guyton's reps from last year would be splits between Spikes and Guyton. Well this time, Spikes was in on 40 plays and Guyton on 15. Obviously Guyton will be active against a passing team.

3) MERIWEATHER played 39% of the reps, much less than in the past. I would expect this to increase, but this is not a concern for me. We have four fine safeties.

4) CUNNINGHAM has a solid role as a sub package DE. Burgess did that last year. There are suggestions that he needs to play more. I disagree. Improvement in his play in this critical area is more important than his playing other roles.

5) NINKOVICH may be the weakest performer among those getting major reps. I suppose that his production is as good as Thomas last year. Perhaps; perhaps not.

Congrats to those who liked the Chung and Brace picks last year. They are already "starters". No one at their position is on the field more. Add Vollmer, Tate, Edelman and Ingram from 2009. That was quite a draft.

S Patrick Chung – 69 of 69
CB Darius Butler – 60 of 69
DE Ron Brace -- 46 of 69
DL Myron Pryor – 27 of 69 (#4 defensive lineman)

Defensive snapshot: Meriweather's dip - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Looks like Wilfork could be used more than in previous seasons. Also supporting that is his observation that he was DE in sub packages that didn't defend so well against the run.

Brace is up significantly over last week. Nice to see.

I am surprised Vince moved outside in sub D. He really collapsed the pocket up the middle against Cinci. I can't recall but which side end did he play? They were probably trying to limit Sanchez effectiveness by forcing him to one side.
Keep Vince in the middle and let him push the pocket. Nothing disrupts a QB more than a big 350+ fatty comin up the gut....

Pretty good number of reps on McCourty's half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back