PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gaffney reveals who'd be voted off Survivor first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Jabar Gaffney did a "Behind the Scenes" fun interview with Patriots.com. Anyway, this answer gave me a chuckle.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=24493&pcid=41

Which one of your teammates would be voted off first on the reality show Survivor? - Doug Gabriel. I know he wouldn't last.

Other highlights... his favorite show is Family Guy.... seems to have a passion for basketball... thinks he's the fastest receiver on the team.

I liked his Madden answer:

Who is your favorite team to use in Madden 2007?
Whichever team I'm on. That's the team I use. I throw it to myself all the time.

I would play the team I'm on then cut me for salary cap reasons.

Trusting Caldwell the LEAST with the last shot in a basketball game was also insightful. Was it a reflection of dropped passes in big momoents in big games?

Who is the fastest receiver on the team? It would have to be me. Chad Jackson is probably second.

hes got a good humor..hes not even the even 2nd fastest. Jackson-Stallworth ............then the rest

hes got a good humor..hes not even the even 2nd fastest. Jackson-Stallworth ............then the rest

I don't know that Stallworth was on the team when they did this interview. He talks about Doug Gabriel being a teammate...

When people talk about speed they talk in a matter of absolute .This is funny i think it does make sense as i saw quiet a few horn as our burner WR thread at 35 and injured.

I can bet that stallworth does not run his combine number today or even chad jackson.

Game speed is entiring different ...if jerry rice was here he would been asked to be benched by the fans as he was never a fast guy.

When people talk about speed they talk in a matter of absolute .This is funny i think it does make sense as i saw quiet a few horn as our burner WR thread at 35 and injured.

I can bet that stallworth does not run his combine number today or even chad jackson.

Game speed is entiring different ...if jerry rice was here he would been asked to be benched by the fans as he was never a fast guy.

Game speed IS different than combine speed, but Stallworth has game speed. I think Jackson has game speed as well, but he was injured to often for use to see it. When he actually got on the field he looked pretty fast, especially on punt returns. I sure hope he turns out to be the player I thought he would. I was all over him before the draft, and really wanted the Patriots to pick him, so he if he doesn't turn it around I'll look an ass.

Every player thinks they are the fastest.

Good guy :cool: :cool:

Every player thinks they are the fastest.

Gaffney can go out and run a 4.1 if he wants but he aint the fastest..hes not a burner on the field.

Stallworth is actually track fast and field fast as is Jackson. Gaffney didnt seem very fast or strong last season but Brady..you know, the HOF QB, made everyone look good

Gaffney can go out and run a 4.1 if he wants but he aint the fastest..hes not a burner on the field.

Stallworth is actually track fast and field fast as is Jackson. Gaffney didnt seem very fast or strong last season but Brady..you know, the HOF QB, made everyone look good

FWIW

From an interview with Jabar from the 2002 draft

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/draft_2001/combine_qanda_gaffney.asp

Q: What is your best 40 time?

A: 4.38 last year.

Stallworth

Donté Stallworth, WR, Tennessee

Donté Stallworth
Wide Receiver
Tennessee
HT: 6-0 1/8 - WT: 197
40 time: 4.25 (track)
D.O.B.: 11/10/80
BRANDT'S BYTES: Is very strong for a wide receiver … Makes big plays on offense and can return kicks … Had 41 catches for 10 touchdowns in just nine games last year; he also scored on a punt return in 2001 … Will make an impact for the team that drafts him

Chad Jackson's was 4.32

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back