PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gaffney Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaffney and Stallworth just more Shadow Roster candidates?

I really doubt they will be sitting around until we come calling. They should be picked up by another team by the end of the week.

Gaffney and Stallworth just more Shadow Roster candidates?

I don't think so.

BB will release vets in the first cut so they have a better chance to catch on with another team, Warren, Stallworth & Gaffney fall in that category IMO.

Wasn't sure he'd make it, but thought he'd last longer than this. I'd rather have him than Ebert, that's for sure.

Doubt it....but Ebert and the practice squad guy they just picked up will get alot of reps vs the Giants JAGs
Holley
Taylor
Ebert

They were expendable!

Oh mannn.....

Gaff was just shy of 1000 yards just last year too. He was so good with Brady in 07. I wanted to see more from those two.

Again, Gaffney's best season was just last year. Branch could barely outdo that level of production in his prime, let alone recently, let alone in the year to come....

Holley
Taylor
Ebert

They were expendable!

They have to develop young WRs. Can't have too many old timers. This is a move for the near future. Also, the McD offense will make up some receptions out of the back field.

Lloyd, Welker, Branch... who else do we have at WR?

I really doubt they will be sitting around until we come calling. They should be picked up by another team by the end of the week.

Ring....ring... Hey Gaff Baby, it's Rex! We've got Sanchez AND Tebow! C'mon down the (click) ... hello? Hello?

Hhhmmmm.....

Ring....ring... Donte MY MAN! It's Rex! Listen, we've got Sanche (Click).... Hello? Hello?!

Damn!

Ring....ring... Hello, Domino's...

They have to develop young WRs. Can't have too many old timers. This is a move for the near future. Also, the McD offense will make up some receptions out of the back field.
In reference to my previous comment, I seriously doubt the New England Patriots will field the following wide receivers against the New York Giants Wednesday night:

Welker
Lloyd
Branch

Edelman (Yes/No)

You can decide on the most "controversial" player on the New England Patriots roster.

Shadow roster? Gimme a break. Whenever Gaffney's healthy he's alot of teams #2 WR, and even the JEST #1.

Makes perfect sense to me ... why keep 2 WR's who take 10 years to get open.

Belichick is certainly weeding out the old guys today.

Gaffney was a surprise but he is on the decline so its not shocking

Another huge disappointment. Hopefully this means that Edelman and/or Ebert are progressing well

Real surprising to see him go. If he is injured maybe we bring him back after week 1 and his contract isn't guaranteed. But I would have to think some other teams are going to make a play for him.

I do not get this one, at all. I figured him for a lock to make the team, given his contract.

Welker
Lloyd
Branch
Edelman
Ebert
Slater

Seems light on outside guys, again...

P.S. To those who had this earlier in the offseason: I don't remember who you are, but I remember you being out there. Great call by you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing