Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gabriel passed on former Oakland WR core attitude

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Dec 12, 2006.

1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sound to me like this is more than just a coincidence - Lets see ...

RANDY MOSS - A guy with loads of football WR talent but also a big mouth and crybaby whiner and TROUBLE for team chemistry - The Guy plays with less emotion than he can actual bring to the table - he could have been a future hall of famer if he just played the game to win as a TEAM and shut his mouth- Does not know the word T-E-A-M.

JERRY PORTER - A guy with loads of football WR talent but also a big mouth and chronic complainer and TROUBLE for team unity and Chemistry causing him to be suspended for several games this year - The guy plays with less talent or emotion than he can actually bring to the team to make the team better and win more often - Does not know the word T-E-A-M.

BOTTOM LINE: Either its a hell of a coincidence or Gabriel spent too much time with these guys,got thier attitude and could not get the disfunctional WR raider family out of his system,Even after being here for awhile.

I guess you can take a WR out of the Raider Organization but you can't take the Raider Organization out of the WR - Sounds to me like he thought that similar things that Moss and Porter did hurting the team somewhat was going to be acceptible and Tolerated on the team but he found it not to be with the Patriots.

Personally I think there was some severe player to player problems in the locker room with some of them being Gabes fault possibly leading to this team having problems getting along a bit (a RARE thing for this team) thus it showing on the football field with poor play lately - Thus getting some Cancer removed before it spread and could that be one of the reasons he was cut to try and get TEAM unity back and the winning tradition we all remember?...HMMM Could be,Sounds like it to me,Although pure speculation at this point.
  2. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If true? They should have done it a few weeks ago
  3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

okay so 2 WRs on 1 team arent very nice and that means hes just like them? what about Morant and Curry?

Gabriel was a humble guy who was a hard worker when he came into league..i doubt he carried it from Oakland.
  4. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

So if it wasn't his playing and it wasn't his attitude and it wasn't his work ethic, then are you saying he is still on the team?

He was cut, and it was for a reason. No one ever accused BB of not making cold hard business decisions - some call it a fault to be cold hearted, but he always does what he thinks is best for the team.
  5. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

I can't understand what happened to this guy. He looked so promising at the beginning. Then once he had that fumble we never saw him again. It's not like no one else has fumbled and not been allowed to redeem himself.
  6. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

There is something more than we will ever know about ..Donald Hayes stunk and he was around all yr..
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This makes about as much sense as anything does, work ethic, not completing routes, not responding to blitzes, not blocking, not working hard during the week, not responding to audibles I suspect all are at play. If we knew the responsibililities of the routes and saw the films BB and his crew does, we might pick up more.. but the contagious Raider thing makes sense, am confident they would not cut a guy at this stage without a reason.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I like Bam Childress. Not only does he make every effort to play beyond his size, he even signed my son's hat after practice last summer. I'd like to see him get another shot.
  9. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i never said it CANT be attitude..im just saying that even if he did have an attitude problem it was just starting to happen here because he wasnt that kinda guy in oak and UCF
  10. mikiemo83

mikiemo83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am wondering if all these Gabriel threads could be combined into one or do you get more rep points for starting your own. I see a lot of good info but it is spread too wide in multiple post in multiple threads

Just a suggestion/question - trying to learn the site