Welcome to PatsFans.com

G Zimmerman, Defender of the People

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Mar 28, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Here's the story of his 2005-2006 crime spree - at least what's known:

U.S. News - Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

Had that been the victim of the shooting, it would be "proof" that he deserved to die. (In fact, owning a screwdriver and a piece of women's jewelry, to the savants here, means he should die -- despite the fact that the kid had a girlfriend, and most likely also had things around the house with screws in them.)

All anybody wants for Zimmerman is that he go to trial for what he did this year -- that is, shoot a kid to death.

But if it's "he had a screwdriver anyway," well, maybe the character of poor George Zimmerman should also be considered.

I mean, he did just murder the kid and everything. It's not like Martin can defend himself. Hardly seems sporting not to make mention of this.

PFnV
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't plan to rush to judgement like yourself and several others around here. Sit back and chill, let the facts come to light.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

We should proceed with due care given the fact that the guy who died was a black kid in a white gated neighborhood. Surely, he must have deserved to have been followed by an armed vigilante. After all, he was wearing a hoodie.

The issue is that there was no judgment, just a decision by the police and prosecutors to let Zimmerman off the hook. What we're learning now is that Zimmerman has a police record, Zimmerman was told not to follow the young man, and Zimmerman ended up in a confrontation where he killed a 17 year old boy. If the police had arrested Zimmerman this issue would have never come up. If a jury had acquitted Zimmerman, this issue would never have become the lightning rod it has become.

The rush to judgment was against Martin. That's the problem.

Maybe parents of black kids should arm them if they are to go to white gated communities. That way, if they are followed, they can turn around and kill the guy under the "stand your ground" law, and all the righties will come out to defend them. LOL.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Happy Days Are Here Again

Dudes Al & Jess Are Back

Dude Spike Lee Came Out Of His Hole

Jane Fonda Is Going
    To Play Nancy Reagan
    In A Movie

:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Usually, if there's a suspicion of wrong doing, a person is arrested first and the facts come to light later and charges are either dismissed or filed.

Like this in Chicago - no hesitation. Someone got shot, someone got arrested for shooting him. They'll figure out the fine points and what, if anything, should be done, later.

Man, 80, Arrested After Shooting Alleged Burglar « CBS Chicago
  6. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you have all the evidence and testimony of the eye-witnesses? Or are you just relying upon what the media has thus far reported?

Yeah... rush to judgement.

Tell that to the Duke lacrosse players.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Probably not a good example for "your" case here seeing as how it was the police and the DA's office which played around with evidence causing the miscarriage of justice you speak of.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Look what that Creepy Little Weasel Spike Lee did to these two poor old white bastards.

| The Smoking Gun
  9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not making a case here and it's a perfect fit. I'm saying let the facts come out before deciding that Zimmerman is a racist Rushbot (he's a Democrat btw).
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I don't think anyone's claiming Zimmerman is a racist Rushbot. I think they're claiming justice wasn't done and the investigation reeked of something either very sloppy or very fixed.

Really, I think Zimmerman is just some poor slob who made a bad decision - which has been compounded by police and DA bumbling and incompetence.

He's not even really the issue, is he? Other than being the guy who pulled the trigger. I mean he's not responsible for not having been arrested or drug/alcohol tested, or having his clothes taken as evidence or anything that happened after he played his part.

He probably went home thinking "What a lucky bastard I am," and didn't figure out until 3 weeks later that he would have been far luckier to have benn arrested and gotten his day in court.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'm not judging Zimmerman; I'm judging the police. We seem to know for a fact that a black kid was walking around a white neighborhood and was followed by an armed vigilante who was told by police to stay away. There has been absolutely nothing to suggest that Martin was doing anything illegal or bad. My guess is that had he been a white kid in a polo shirt he would not have been bothered. It's hard to imagine a scenario where Zimmerman who would be completely innocent since all accounts indicate that he was the perpetrator, armed and following Martin despite being told to stay away.

Given the fact that the prosecution screwed up the Duke Lacrosse case would show that police and prosecutors are capable of making serious misjudgments. I agree we need to let the facts come out, but the facts that have come out so far point to a serious miscarriage of justice as was the case in the Duke Lacrosse case.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's a judgment of Zimmerman of sorts isn't it?

I'll go along with that though.. I'd like to add to it though, given my "professional":rolleyes: diagnosis of Zimmerman's hero cop delusion that an other than black youth hooded up might have been followed and harassed as well....and that youth's reaction to it could have led to a similar tragic chain of events.
  13. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

he should be arrested for a hate crime.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's 100% bullsh*t and I can't believe how naive you must be to believe it. If Zimmerman went to trial, and was found not-guilty, we'd probably see riots and anger on a level not seen since the Rodney King riots. Don't tell us "all anyone wants is a fair trial!"

These animals want nothing less than the head of Zimmerman, Spanish speaking Hispanic registered democrat with black relatives, delivered to them on a platter, pure and simple, process be damned.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

If some folks hadn't made an issue of this (not here) and had instead "chilled," would the facts have come to light?
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Trayvon's parents are "animals," now?

I guess that goes for the 73% of the world who also wants justice, too, right?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ling-director-keating-holland-gun-laws-survey
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Oh, more "animals" who want justice.

The Sanford police department.

Trayvon Martin Case: Police Wanted Warrant To Arrest George Zimmerman, Prosecutor Says
  18. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

It was a quote from Wolfpack....(hence the use of quotation marks)

If you want to call him an animal be my guest. I sure don't want to be accused of stealing his accolades.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, these people are animals:

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store | News - Home
    I'm sorry, did I miss the announcement that our criminal justice system is switching over from one of evidence, prosecutors and courts of law to one where we simply proceed in whichever manner the public polls say?

Geez I would have thought such an important shift would have made bigger news, but I guess I missed it.