PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FWIW, I just had a no-CB-at-#7 moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you have to choose between Groves and Harvey you have to go with the bigger school guy with more polish. Groves is a "workout warrior", and I know he was hurt....but maybe we can put Harvey INSIDE?? It will use his size, de-emphasize his speed, and get him on the field more. I think one of the most important things is to get a guy that will be on the field every down, every game for 6+years.
That said, my dark horse pick is Albert the G/T out of Va. You heard it here first.

Auburn's not a big school? Also, how is a guy who racked up 26 sacks during his college career, and 24* QB pressures in 2007 (while playing hurt) a "workout warrior"? He also looked pretty good when he racked up 3 sacks and 2 QB pressures, and 1 forced fumble against Florida in 2006.

Harvey's not a likely candidate to play ILB, and I'm puzzled as to why I've seen that brought up twice in the past 24-48 hours.

* I mentioned 23 QB pressures before, because that was the number NFLDraftScout listed for him. I checked his official stats yesterday, and it was 24 QB pressures.

Last edited:
With our Secondary System I don't think we need to use #7 for a CB. In fact I think bringing in a bunch of middle class veterans - along with some later round picks - is the way to go, letting them all fight it out.

I think Belichick and MangIdiot likely both covet the same type of LB.

For that reason I'd not be the least bit surprised to see the Patriots leapfrog them to #5.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see that theory played up heavilly leading up to the draft, prompting MangIdiot to make his own move - which might ultimately all be a Belichick mind game to cause MangIdiot to give up draft picks and expend more salary cap dollars just because Belichick dropped such a rumor.

Interesting. But I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

Interesting. But I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

I don't think the Patriots would be all that interested in a 6' 237lbs one year wonder DE/OLB pass rusher, especially that high in the draft.

Last edited:
Howard may not be a stud but I think he is well worth a second round consideration

Howard and Avril would be the only 2 LBs I would take in the 2nd rd and lower...

Howard and Avril would be the only 2 LBs I would take in the 2nd rd and lower...

I wouldn't touch Howard in that range for NE. He's to small (6' 237lbs), and a liability against the run. He was also a one year starter who lacks experience.

Bruce Davis, UCLA 2nd or 3rd......... He's A One trick pony, his trick is either sacking the quarterback or making get rid of it... Nice poney...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back