PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FWIW:Houston vs New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We call them deep threats. Rarely do they come around these parts.

No. I'm talking about the pass that's high and away... Regardless of how deep down the field it is.

Houston was the "#1 seed" for quite a bit of last season, even winning 4 games in a row with the back up qb in. And they did this in a season that they lost their two best D players and two best offesive players. Johnson only played
7 games Schaub 9.

However they are thin on the oline after losing 3 starters to FA.

Houston also only played one legit NFL QB last season (not counting Ryan who had to be stoned when he play Houston) who lit them up for 40 points. And Houston gameplans and plays preseason games for keeps. Look at all the blitzes and different plays, formations they ran yesterday. Compare that to the Pats who ran a vanilla offense and defense (Pats never blitzed and I don't even think they did a dl stunt).

Houston is still trying to convince themselves they can win. Pats know it.

Are people really saying this about Houston AGAIN?

Are people really saying this about Houston AGAIN?

Yeah. I know....... but hopefully those views will be disabused by week 3 or 4.

Houston also only played one legit NFL QB last season (not counting Ryan who had to be stoned when he play Houston) who lit them up for 40 points. And Houston gameplans and plays preseason games for keeps. Look at all the blitzes and different plays, formations they ran yesterday. Compare that to the Pats who ran a vanilla offense and defense (Pats never blitzed and I don't even think they did a dl stunt).

Houston is still trying to convince themselves they can win. Pats know it.

Which is I why I don't see the Texans going to the next level. I never got the Houston hype. Yes they were very good last season (due to their turned around over night defense). Houston's D is going to make or break them this season. I don't see them getting HFA with their schedule either. They'll definitely be in the mix for it though. They're the 2nd best team in the AFC this year. Here's my AFC top 5 1.NE,2.Houston,3.San Diego/Denver,4.Pittsburgh/Baltimore.

Which is I why I don't see the Texans going to the next level. I never got the Houston hype. Yes they were very good last season (due to their turned around over night defense). Houston's D is going to make or break them this season. I don't see them getting HFA with their schedule either. They'll definitely be in the mix for it though. They're the 2nd best team in the AFC this year. Here's my AFC top 5 1.NE,2.Houston,3.San Diego/Denver,4.Pittsburgh/Baltimore.

I would throw KC in the AFC west mix. Agreed otherwise unless Tennessee pushes Houston in the AFC South.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back