FWIW - Borges says Branch has agreement on contract with other team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimke said:
Borges does have a good argument when he says that he is

surprised that more fans are not troubled over the player losses

the Pats have suffered.

I have been waiting since March to see the Pats adequately address

our needs at wide receiver and linebacker.

Fans of the team have learned to trust BB/SP's judgement in personnel decisions. Winning does that.

R.B. is not a fan of the team, ergo he doesn't see it.

mgcolby said:
Can't think of a better way to reach the 2000 post mark than to have it in a Borges bashing thread.

If you are Deion can you really take an offer from a divisional opponent serious (if in fact one of them made an offer)? If he does and then starts whining and complaining to the media he will make himself look like a bigger idiot as most fans would see right through that. Either way he is still a schmuck!
Felicitations on being one step closer to being a sleepless gossip - I welcome you to our loquacious midst! :rocker:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Felicitations on being one step closer to being a sleepless gossip - I welcome you to our loquacious midst! :rocker:

thank you, thank you. It took a while but if you try and try again you will eventually succeed...or is that post and post again. Whatever you know what I mean.:D

Last edited:
RayClay said:
The Patriots have a player under contract who won't play. How could they have a worse relationship?

That's all fine and dandy, but it's one thing to have a player who thinks he's worth more, it's quite another to have that player with an offer on the table from another team that proves him right. Then the Patriots (in Branch's mind) would be denying him the opportunity to collect a big paycheck that is in the realm of reality, not in a hoped-for future.

And before anyone misunderstands, I'm NOT saying that Branch would be right and the Patriots wrong. I'm just being realistic about the way the thing would play out ...

I actually think both sides in the Branch/Team contract dispute have a point but I'm really less inclined to believe anything that comes out of Borges mouth as he's a known Belichick hater and has been since day one. He doesn't even *attempt* fair and even-handed coverage. I just roll my eyes whenever he's giving his "opinion" on anything Patriot related.:D

Pattie said:
I just roll my eyes whenever he's giving his "opinion" on anything Patriot related.:D
That must be like seeing the world through a spin cycle? :p

more poisonous suppositions from typhoid ron

PatsDeb said:
But what exactly is the "scoop"? Borges has nothing other than his own wishful thinking at this point. A real scoop is that Branch has an offer from team X, which is also going to offer the Pats a 2nd round draft pick, which will put them in a bad bind if they refuse (after all, they think he is not worth 1st round $$, right?) Borges is such an a $$. Maybe we should start another e-mail campaign against him.
there ya go, PatsDeb.
i don't think any GM in the nfl feeds info to borges. disinformation, sure. but not anything of value.
i would think that if a franchise was willing to pay givens his $, another will make an offer to the twig. that's a viable theory. i doubt that BB/SP will let branch go for a pick anywhere below what they used originally. what was he, like #40?
but the rest of it is pure borges b.s.

PlattsFan said:
That's all fine and dandy, but it's one thing to have a player who thinks he's worth more, it's quite another to have that player with an offer on the table from another team that proves him right. Then the Patriots (in Branch's mind) would be denying him the opportunity to collect a big paycheck that is in the realm of reality, not in a hoped-for future.

And before anyone misunderstands, I'm NOT saying that Branch would be right and the Patriots wrong. I'm just being realistic about the way the thing would play out ...

If Branch can't see past the dollars signs that the other teams offer was disengenous (sp?) with the other team offering boat loads of money and only offering a poor draft pick, he is dumber than I thought.

Drewwho said:
If your Tom Brady how angry are you???

Lost Givens
Soon to loose Branch

Signed for less (sure slightly less, but did not hold the Pats over a barrell to be the highest paid QB, which he could have easily demanded)

Brady is in his prime, this is a sad way to support him for all he has done - loosing both top WR's in the same off season is just brutal and disgusting!

I'm still young, I've already got three rings with this regime and they went out and got me a hot receiver in the draft to go along with the top RB and a great offensive line.

Not to mention all the Tight end types. Thomas looks great and Watson is just sick!

I'm feeling pretty good, how about you?

Re: About the Borges article

Box_O_Rocks said:
Alas, darling lady, you focus on the stern practicality of the individual Mary Poppins as opposed to the story Mary Poppins, which indeed was horrifically optimistic to someone like the lamentable Mr. Borges, whom I suspect feels closer to the cheery Mr. Poe's optimism in his daily literary preferences. Our gloating Mr. Borges has at least given us the template we blind fans may use to shape our faith - Mary Poppins, the story of a banker foolishly shamed by his children's childish behavior, who recovers his own child-like enjoyment of a rich life, growing closer to his family in the process.

My Dear Mr. Box, may I refer you to the literary Mary Poppins who, in Mr. Travers' sequel "Mary Poppins Comes Back," avenges herself against an insult by having the offending party trapped in a magic birdcage and flown away in the clutches of a spiteful lark?

Box_O_Rocks said:
:singing: O let's go fly a kite, up to the highest heights, let's all go fly a kite. :singing:

Oh man, now that's going to be running through my head all day....

RayClay said:
I'm still young, I've already got three rings with this regime and they went out and got me a hot receiver in the draft to go along with the top RB and a great offensive line.

Not to mention all the Tight end types. Thomas looks great and Watson is just sick!

:rocker: :rocker:

PlattsFan said:

Well numbnuts should realize that it is not the Patriots denying him a bigger paycheck as they offered him a contract that would provide that, it is the contract that he signed which hasn't expired yet that is costing him a bigger pay check. His play or lack there of is actually costing him money as well, because he only earned one of the incentives in his contract. If he wants to see the culprit costing him money all he has to do is look in the mirror and that person will be staring at him.

Last edited:
RayClay said:

Drewwho is despondent if not suicidal, but nothing a sack of Losman and a fumble recovery from Culpepper won't help.

PlattsFan said:

That's easy, we accept the offer. He's under contract, so Branch can't really get an offer that doesn't include trade material.

We accept the #1 pick or top player that someone of Branch's caliber would fetch.

Remember it's up to Chayut to find an offer acceptable to them and to us.

Drewwho said:
If your Tom Brady how angry are you???

Lost Givens
Soon to loose Branch

Signed for less (sure slightly less, but did not hold the Pats over a barrell to be the highest paid QB, which he could have easily demanded)

Brady is in his prime, this is a sad way to support him for all he has done - loosing both top WR's in the same off season is just brutal and disgusting!

You know, I can understand the gloom. This is a tough day. But remember that we used to sit around saying "here they have a HOF-caliber quarterback, and they put a nickel-and-dime line in front of him!" So now the Pats can field an entire offensive line consisting of good-looking recent draft picks. Nobody's sitting around on their hands.

Re: About the Borges article

patchick said:
My Dear Mr. Box, may I refer you to the literary Mary Poppins who, in Mr. Travers' sequel "Mary Poppins Comes Back," avenges herself against an insult by having the offending party trapped in a magic birdcage and flown away in the clutches of a spiteful lark?

Delightful lady, you may indeed refer me, I shall place the literature on my to-do list immediately and thank you for the suggestion. (Though I caution you, I have trouble picturing the 'umble Mr. Borges actually 'reading' about Mary Poppins when a perfectly entertaining movie is available for his stringers to watch.)

Oh man, now that's going to be running through my head all day....
I look forward to hearing how much brighter you day has been for the musical accompaniment. :singing:

Last edited:
I will lmao if some team offers Branch Reggie Wayne money. Enjoy your number 2 WR for top 10 money. I am sure your cap will love paying out $7 mill a year for 5 tds and 60-70 receptions and 14 games played a year.

I like Branch a lot. Good young WR. Talented etc...What makes me laugh at clowns like Borges and some other folks around these parts - is when did Deion Branch become Torry Holt? Marvin Harrison? Chad Jackson? When did he become the integral part of the offense? What a joke. He is a good young WR and I dont blame him for wanting a new contract, but get with the program. Also, We dont get po'd at Pats handling of Branch - because he isnt Seymour, Brady etc...He is not amongst the top of his positions. He is in the 15-20th of his position anyone thinks othewise obviously does not know football. Thus should be paid that way. If some team wants to poney up the dough, and trade us a player or pick - C Ya Branch. Enjoy your money and enjoy watching the Pats in January. I know I will with or without you.

Umm. . . if I can comment without reading this entire thread. Yet, at least. Workday, and so forth.

This strikes my as a fabulous brand of arrogance - and I can't help admire it. If I understand this correctly, there are "several league sources," but only one guy to whom they've all spoken. And, that one guy happens to be the same one guy who revels in flicking the Patriots in the nose? Great great stuff.

I'm getting this John Lovitz, Saturday Night Live, "My Wife Morgan Fairchild" kind of feeling.

Trust me, though, I'm loving this.

I think its just a way for us to reject Branch offer, and drive a wedge between the team and Branch... Bottom line , see ya week 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back