PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future RBs

Turkamu

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have read in a few threads that next years draft is gonna have better RBs than this years (read that before the draft) and I was wondering if someone could give me few names to watch in college games.
I'm planning on watching more college games and it's more interesting when you're looking for something or someone specific :)

2016 NFL Draft: The Patriots Should Wait For a 2017 Running Back

While the 2016 class features Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, and Kenneth Dixon, there's a clear drop in talent behind that trio.

The 2017 class could include Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Wayne Gallman, Samaje Perine, Royce Freeman, James Conner (overcoming cancer and a torn MCL), Jalen Hurd, Elijah Hood, and Kareem Hunt.

That's just a collection of names right now; not all will come out in the next draft and some could suffer injuries or a decline in production. But from a talent and fit perspective (most of these players are of the 220+ lbs size, while the 2016 class is smaller), the 2017 class matches the Patriots needs.

Kalan Ballage, Arizona State

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back