PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Jock: Tom Brady/Ray Lewis....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching this commercial on NFLN now for a few weeks...you people know the one...the concerned mother asking Tom Brady what the NFL is doing about concussions?...it's a very well made commercial spot but what really keeps grabbing me is the chemistry between Brady and Ray Ray...the fact that Ray DOESN'T have a speaking spot at the end, the fact that just that one look is enough to convey a thousand words ..and then the followup "cute kid" by Brady...the dynamic tension is spectacular IMO.

I wonder , since their careers are winding down..do we see this duo on NFLN or ESPN as a team...think about it...a Ray Lewis/Tom Brady combination has EVERYTHING...who better to break down defenses in today's NFL than the best linebacker in history and one of the best QB's of all...plus the charisma would be practically unmeasurable...they COULD become the biggest tandem in sports media history for the next generation.

I think they have carte blanche going forward to name their own terms but I'm convinced there's something beyond these beginning media forays with this combination...imagine...what would the press call them...Beauty and the Beast?...heh...I'm talking a media overkill the likes of which have never been seen...every segment covered like the sermon on the mount.

There is this unmistakable chemistry between the two...can you imagine them working a game where the defenses are getting gashed, the quarterbacks are looking shaky, the coaching decisions seem unsure...and Ray Lewis and Tom Brady are breaking down exactly WHY?....I wonder if duos have a Q factor?...I mean, I would just love to see this happen and I think it's in the beginning stages right now.

Or I could just be full of..you know...crap.....it just seems to make so much sense to me though.

I've been watching this commercial on NFLN now for a few weeks...you people know the one...the concerned mother asking Tom Brady what the NFL is doing about concussions?...it's a very well made commercial spot but what really keeps grabbing me is the chemistry between Brady and Ray Ray...the fact that Ray DOESN'T have a speaking spot at the end, the fact that just that one look is enough to convey a thousand words ..and then the followup "cute kid" by Brady...the dynamic tension is spectacular IMO.

I wonder , since their careers are winding down..do we see this duo on NFLN or ESPN as a team...think about it...a Ray Lewis/Tom Brady combination has EVERYTHING...who better to break down defenses in today's NFL than the best linebacker in history and one of the best QB's of all...plus the charisma would be practically unmeasurable...they COULD become the biggest tandem in sports media history for the next generation.

I think they have carte blanche going forward to name their own terms but I'm convinced there's something beyond these beginning media forays with this combination...imagine...what would the press call them...Beauty and the Beast?...heh...I'm talking a media overkill the likes of which have never been seen...every segment covered like the sermon on the mount.

There is this unmistakable chemistry between the two...can you imagine them working a game where the defenses are getting gashed, the quarterbacks are looking shaky, the coaching decisions seem unsure...and Ray Lewis and Tom Brady are breaking down exactly WHY?....I wonder if duos have a Q factor?...I mean, I would just love to see this happen and I think it's in the beginning stages right now.

Or I could just be full of..you know...crap.....it just seems to make so much sense to me though.

Joker,my friend....you may be Bat-Sh-t Crazy,but you are never,full of crap:rocker:

imo

ray will go into broadcasting

brady will go into politics

I think Ray Lewis will be the commentator when Brady plays against Ray lewis Jr in the SB 10 years from now :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

imo

ray will go into broadcasting

brady will go into politics

ray MAY go into broadcasting

brady will enjoy the golfcourse in the daytime, kids in the afternoon, and gisele at night

peyton manning seems more like an analyst than tom brady.

brady will enjoy the golfcourse in the daytime, kids in the afternoon, and gisele at night

sounds similar to the life of a politician

Whatever Brady does he will be successful, and continue to rake in mucho cash... ka ching!!!!

His commercials and presence is getting smoother all the time....

The three ads he is running right now.. the kid in the airport, the spot on Dodge Dart ad and this all show progression and growth..

Last edited:
Whatever Brady does he will be successful, and continue to rake in mucho cash... ka ching!!!!

His commercials and presence is getting smoother all the time....

The three ads he is running right now.. the kid in the airport, the spot on Dodge Dart ad and this all show progression and growth..

Agreed. I also think that Brady will take a little time off, then venture into politics. He's got both the charisma and the smarts for it, and he'll be successful no matter what he does.

It'd be a whole lot better to see Brady and Ray Lewis on the Sunday Morning talk show than Sapp & Irvin, lemmee tell ya. :rocker:

I've been a big fan of Peyton in his commercials. He has been lucky to appear in some clever spots and his guest hosting on SNL burnished his comedy image — the short film they made of him playing football with the kids is very funny. But his latest car ad is awful. I think he is smug and annoying in that ad. Really drops his Q rating for me, anyway. Seems that Peyton only works when there is a clear humor element in the spot.

As for a Brady/Lewis broadcasting team, I agree, it sounds great. Don't know if their careers will line up though. Seems like Lewis will retire a few years ahead of Brady. Also, does TB have any interest in doing the TV sports thing?

I've been a big fan of Peyton in his commercials. He has been lucky to appear in some clever spots and his guest hosting on SNL burnished his comedy image — the short film they made of him playing football with the kids is very funny. But his latest car ad is awful. I think he is smug and annoying in that ad. Really drops his Q rating for me, anyway. Seems that Peyton only works when there is a clear humor element in the spot.

As for a Brady/Lewis broadcasting team, I agree, it sounds great. Don't know if their careers will line up though. Seems like Lewis will retire a few years ahead of Brady. Also, does TB have any interest in doing the TV sports thing?

i agree, for me the snl kids short, and the 'cut that meat' can't be topped

favre's was crap in commercials

Agreed. I also think that Brady will take a little time off, then venture into politics. He's got both the charisma and the smarts for it, and he'll be successful no matter what he does.
hopefully that time off will be spent writing a tell all book about his life a a Patriot. But somehow, I doubt it :(. While I hear he likes politics, the world will definitely be full of opportunity for him, and I can't stand politics, so I'd hate to have to hate him for it :).
It'd be a whole lot better to see Brady and Ray Lewis on the Sunday Morning talk show than Sapp & Irvin, lemmee tell ya. :rocker:
Heck, you and I would be better than those 2 (or any 2 regular posters o nthe forum here). Then again, we're patriot fans and bashing the pats makes for good media by at least another 28+ fan bases, so we're definitely in the minority.

Last edited:
I would hire Ray Lewis to be the next Defensive Coordinator of the Patriots or at least replace Pepper Johnson as Linebackers Coach.

Brady will go onto movies and continue modeling or be in more commercials that rival Rodgers and Manning.

I agree with this. Brady has made his money and so has his wife. Unless he's uber bored, I don't see him going into broadcasting or politics for that matter.

peyton , more than likely, an OC

They say Einstein was never a good teacher. He had trouble conveying his concepts to others because they all came so easily to him.

Could see Ray working for a network, not in a booth but on a pre or post game set. Manning will probably do some of that, too. Won't coach, has the Manning Passing Academy to scratch that itch working with the best and brightest HS and college QB's on the horizen. Could even see him using that comedic timing in cameo films and more endorsements. His wife just bought an interest in the Memphis Grizzlies. Could see Peyton in an ownership group and even atop one like Elway likely will be in Dever down the road.

Not sure what Brady will do, but don't see him joining a network. The politics thing was all the rage back in the day, but I'm not sure that is remotely his interest these days. Maybe after some decompression time with his kids. I get the sense he wouldn't mind being off the grid for a time publicly once his on field career is over and able to experience a more normal life. His exposure has been different than Mannings for a variety of reasons not the least of which is the market in which he's performed.

Will certainly do lots of endorsements and lots of philanthropic stuff, he and Gisele seem to share that desire to improve the planet and the lives of the less fortunate. One of his sisters is very involved in projects in Africa. Like Manning he won't need the money, so what he ends up doing will be more about what challenges or fulfills his competitive drive. Golf could be part of that, playing more celeb tournaments. He seems to have struck up friendships off the field with some entrapreneureal types in the healthy living and fashion industries, so we could be eating Brady bars and sporting Bradywear by the end of the decade. And I could definitely see him opening a Brady QBing Academy on the left coast as a means to pay forward opportunities he had to work with a mentor like Tom Martinez and with a defensive coaching legend like Belichick into the next generation.

FWIW the Sports Business Journal just tweeted that Peyton has purchased 31 Papa John's franchises, official pizza of the NFL... Offshoot of another Manning commercial endorsement deal. Chain has 3100 franchises and plans for 300 - 600 more in the pipeline. Maybe this will drive Tom to find a competitor to endorse and join forces with to bury the competition...:D

FWIW the Sports Business Journal just tweeted that Peyton has purchased 31 Papa John's franchises, official pizza of the NFL... Offshoot of another Manning commercial endorsement deal. Chain has 3100 franchises and plans for 300 - 600 more in the pipeline. Maybe this will drive Tom to find a competitor to endorse and join forces with to bury the competition...:D

Papa John's? I'd rather eat cardboard with ketchup on it.

Papa John's? I'd rather eat cardboard with ketchup on it.

Local pizza from mom and pop chains is always the best. When I go the "big company" route, it's usually Pizza Hut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes