PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Hall-of-Famers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, nonplayers. Bill Belichick definitely belongs, but I have a feeling a lot of selectors will play get-even by stiffing him on the first ballot, just as they did to Bill Parcells.

Is he talking about wRong Borges (HOF selector) ? Notice how he doesn't say how he would vote. Interesting.

R

njpatsfan said:
Is he talking about wRong Borges (HOF selector) ? Notice how he doesn't say how he would vote. Interesting.

R
Yup and probably others...

IMHO,

Dynastic Pats for Canton...

LOCKS
Tom Brady
Ty Law
Adam Vinatieri
Richard Seymour
Rodney Harrison (he could have a tough time due to his "thug" reputation around the NFL)

Definite Maybe's
Willie McGinest
Tedy Bruschi
Mike Vrabel
Corey Dillon

I would say the only lock we have on the team right now is Brady. It's too early with Seymour. If his career were to end now, there is no way he would go, even if he continues at his current pace, I don't think he would wind up with impressive enough stats to get in. The same goes for every other player mentioned.

Last edited:
TomBradyWoot said:
Mike Vrabel??? What the hell?

Sadly, I have to agree with Woot here. I blame Bill Cowher for wasting four years of his career. :enranged:

But who knows, maybe Vrabel will make it as a coach (I can picture it so easily . . . February 2031 - "New England Patriots head coach Mike Vrabel"; it has a much better ring to it than "Ohio State head coach Mike Vrabel" :D ).

Last edited by a moderator:
TomBradyWoot said:
Mike Vrabel??? What the hell?

I did say "maybe".

- 3 SB Rings
- great college career at Ohio St
- Two way player in postseason (I think he set the NFL record for his 1st 6 recs as TD catches)
- great SB perfomances
- still has at least 3 years of playing football ahead of him

Last edited:
I know you said "maybe", but theres no way Mike Vrabel ever gets to Canton.

TomBradyWoot said:
I know you said "maybe", but theres no way Mike Vrabel ever gets to Canton.

Never say never! You could argue he was the 3rd most valuable player on multi-SB winning teams.

I know it would never happen, but in some ways Troy Brown deserves HOF honors. More than anyone, he represents what made the Pats into a dynasty -- with his work ethic, his willingness to do whatever was asked of him, and his determination. On pure talent and football skills alone, he may not be an HOFer, but in terms of what made the Pats great he is.

One thing you notice when you read about the selection process is how political it is. Dr. Z notes that most balloters will probably stiff BB on the first ballot vote even if he deserves to get in. On the other hand a "people person" like Vermeil will get in the first time, whether or not he's a better X's and O's guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back