PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Gillette Stadium Game Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So J. Kraft was at some innovation conference in Boston recently. He spoke largely about being innovative with the game experience at Gillette. He talks about how Marc Cuban told him he was crazy to think they could install a wifi network in the entire stadium for all 70k fans. He then goes on to say:

Jonathan Kraft speaks on ways innovation is essential to the NFL, and how he beat Mark Cuban - Boston Business Journal

To this day, the New England Patriots business is still on an innovation streak, with plans in the works for gutting out some seats at Gillette Stadium to build a lounge and sports bar, plans for launching new features on mobile apps, and — perhaps most important — plans for using technology to make the game safer for players.
In the future, Kraft says leveraging technology will help to deliver a vastly different experience for fans in Gillette Stadium.

"I believe we'll get to the point where each game, we'll mic-up a half dozen players, and audio streams will come unfiltered to the (fans) in the stadium, that they won't get at home," he said.

Couple of interesting nuggets here. He seems to have confirmed that they are going forward with the removal of 15 rows of the endzone in favor of "a sports bar and lounge". To my knowledge, the Krafts haven't publicly commented on that previously.

Also, the comments on the players being mic'd up to me is nothing ground-breakingly new but interesting nonetheless. So now we can look forward to a stadium full of people watching the games on their phones while listening to the players cuss each other out. And if they get bored of that, they can just walk over to the sports bar in the endzone. Should make for an excellent home-field advantage.

A few season tickets holders have complained here about losing their seats (being relocated to another section) because of this new end zone section. So the Pats have informed the season ticket holders in this section.

A few season tickets holders have complained here about losing their seats (being relocated to another section) because of this new end zone section. So the Pats have informed the season ticket holders in this section.

I wonder if they did it by highest speed internets!!!!!!

Seriously, I read that article and think of how quiet that stadium is and how much quieter the Krafts are trying to make it.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also, the comments on the players being mic'd up to me is nothing ground-breakingly new but interesting nonetheless. .......

Holy Crap! Just imagine the details we'll hear with Bill B's players mic'd up during a game. They will let loose........
:rolleyes:

While technology is bringing more and more of the games into your homes, the Patriots want to bring more and more of your homes into the games, but at an ever increasing expense and replete will all sorts of restrictions.

That's backassward thinking. Kraft's getting some bad advice.

So, even Kraft thinks it's more fun to watch the game in a sports bar than at the stadium.

Anyone who's been to summer camp will be pre-conditioned to the Brady F-bombs.
I agree with Deus. Kraft is getting bad advice. Me, I blame the new GF.
You go to the game to be immersed in the game and surrounding fans. Having everyone there on their iPhones instead of screaming at the refs and the opposing team blows. Who the F can hear their iPhone with the crowd...Oh, I get it now. Security will eject any fans making noise so other dweebs can hear the new Kraft "game experience" over wi-fi.

Anyone who's been to summer camp will be pre-conditioned to the Brady F-bombs.
I agree with Deus. Kraft is getting bad advice. Me, I blame the new GF.
You go to the game to be immersed in the game and surrounding fans. Having everyone there on their iPhones instead of screaming at the refs and the opposing team blows. Who the F can hear their iPhone with the crowd...Oh, I get it now. Security will eject any fans making noise so other dweebs can hear the new Kraft "game experience" over wi-fi.

Yes! If they want to tinker with things, think how to engineer the stadium so that it holds in the noise. If the stadium disperses sound you can't really blame fans for not getting loud enough.

But instead Kraft is doing the OPPOSITE, removing over 1,000 rabid EZ fans for a "sports lounge"
WTF? I'm really getting too old.

You go to the game to be immersed in the game and surrounding fans.
Yes. They need to scrap that misguided south end zone "lounge" idea, close off the north end zone with more seats, and think in terms of getting fans closer to the field all the way around. I dunno, it's frustrating. I've been a season ticket holder for 21 years but I guess the Krafts will do what their hotshot marketing advisers say. I don't even have a damn smartphone. Computers/Internet dominate my life too much as is -- going to the games is my idea of getting away from the treadmill, not finding newfangled variations for it.

Um, they want to be family friendly, right? How does micing up a guy who might say, "F*** that F***in' S***. Get your head out of your F***in' A** and do your G** D****, F***in' job." Will they have a bleep button and a five second delay or will players practice saying "Gosh Darn?"

Do not see the need for more technology in Football for the fan... all this seems to do is make staying at home more and more atttractive...

Can you imagine the prices of a drink inside of Gillette??

Perhaps my drinking days are a lot over, but do not see the need for another bar in Gillette... just what we need is more drunks.

Do not see the need for more technology in Football for the fan... all this seems to do is make staying at home more and more atttractive...

Can you imagine the prices of a drink inside of Gillette??

Perhaps my drinking days are a lot over, but do not see the need for another bar in Gillette... just what we need is more drunks.

Doesn't matter if you have 1 bar or 8 in that stadium...you will be dealing with drunks becasue of drinking BEFORE. Everyone i know including myself drinks before the game...last time i bought a beer there was maybe 4-5 years ago?

Doesn't matter if you have 1 bar or 8 in that stadium...you will be dealing with drunks becasue of drinking BEFORE. Everyone i know including myself drinks before the game...last time i bought a beer there was maybe 4-5 years ago?
I can't believe the people who shell out $7 (and up) for beer at Gillette. I like an occasional beer myself, but have not bought a single one at the stadium over 21 years as a season ticket holder.

You drink...I'll eat shrimp and lobster tails...fattest designated driver you ever saw, boy :D

I can't believe the people who shell out $7 (and up) for beer at Gillette. I like an occasional beer myself, but have not bought a single one at the stadium over 21 years as a season ticket holder.
it's not that hard of a decision to make...yet people still fall for it

Gresh and Zo are talking about the new bars at the Stadium. Typical homers Gresh & Zo, Bobby K and company can do no wrong. That's whatever, but Ben Volin chimed in on twitter with this fact:

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/478590883471048704

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin
@GreshandZo there are going to be 3 bars/lounges: lower end zone, bridge area and upper deck

12:32 PM - 16 Jun 2014

Why don't they just take all the seats out and make the place a huge bar and restaurant? I mean, who actually wants to sit and watch football anymore when you can chow down on wings and play keno.

These are truly the End Times for actual football fans

Gresh and Zo are talking about the new bars at the Stadium. Typical homers Gresh & Zo, Bobby K and company can do no wrong. That's whatever, but Ben Volin chimed in on twitter with this fact:

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/478590883471048704

Why don't they just take all the seats out and make the place a huge bar and restaurant? I mean, who actually wants to sit and watch football anymore when you can chow down on wings and play keno.

The Karaoke will be huge.

They want to put bars/lounges in? Just get rid of those f'n club seats, problem solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes