Welcome to PatsFans.com

Future Boston Alliance Going After Mumbles in 2013.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 23, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,970 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

These people have had it with Mumbles ... they say he is like Vladimir Putin :rofl:.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...ceo_challenges_menino/srvc=home&position=also

http://vimeo.com/futureboston

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm no fan of Mennino but Howie Carr is the biggest horse's azz in Boston media. He's good at slander, libel and stalking anyone that gets on his bad side and that's about it. I won't support anything associated with that bitter dirtbag.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,970 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I love all news mumbles PR :cool3:. I find it amazing that a guy who appears so outwardly stupid is the mayor of such a great city. You know I do not even know if he is a good mayor or one that sucks ... I do like his speeches. :p:p:p

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

And like a cookie, they crumbled...rhymes with mumble too!

I don't know if he's a good mayor. I have little interest in Boston politics. But I'd have to say, the city is light-years better now than when he took office. The Big Dig is prolly his pride & joy...really improved that area.

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,970 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

probably best that nobody knows what he is saying ... city runs better by itself I guess.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 22 / -19

I think Menino's done a terrific job. The waterfront, Fort Point, and parts of South Boston and parts of the South End below Tremont areas have developed by leaps and bounds. Even parts of Dorchester, East Boston, and Charlestown have improved during his tenure. Who here besides me spends a considerable amount of time in Boston?

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,970 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I drive through it every other week ... I must admit it is impressive. The work force that cleans the streets and empties the garbage cans - they are great the area always looks clean and fresh.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

Menino is outright awful. He's an abolsute embarassment. Boston is the most, or one of the most, expensive cities to live in inside the country. The guy is a moron on monumental porportions.

The waterfront is nice. It's just too bad the city has to bribe people to build there. It's assinine that a city such as Boston has to give away so much in tax subsidies and incentives, as well as infrastructure, in order to get downtown waterfront property developed! What a terribly run city Boston is. What else would you expect when it's mayor doesn't even speak english. Oh, and it pains me to say this because I've met Menino a couple of times and he's a fellow paesan who's family in Italy lives right next to mine.

10. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why don't you give him credit for the sun coming up while you're at it Patters? Its been nearly 20 years now, 11 years longer than he agreed to btw. There's bound to have been some development. He caught a wave. Any moron could have had his accomplishments.

I remember fondly the days when meter maids didn't come through my neighborhood overnight giving out tickets for parking in the wrong direction. He though, could park a 747 outside his house in Hyde Park for a year without so much as a peep.

I'd also point out that ancient excise tax bills are being dredged up (I got hit last year for a bill from 1988*) by a private company operating from within City Hall. So not only do you get held up on your registration, the city doesn't even get much of the money you pay. Some sleasy collection company does. The guards and metal detectors all over the place in City Hall aren't for terrorists. They're for mumbles' constituents.

*The first one here who can prove with paperwork that they paid their excise tax bill back in '88 gets $10 from me. Even if its Wolfpack.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

OMFG that's absurd? Isn't there a statue of limitations on something like that? ABSURD!!!! Who are you going to complain to anyway right? I mean, if you tell them to prove to you that you didn't pay it, they'll just do something like charge you ridicluous fees and interest, or suspend your registration so you can't drive. You have no choice but to STFU, and pay like the little ***** they say you are. Man, that would so incense me. :mad: I had something similar happen to me a while ago. I used to work at Kelly's and a cop wrote me a ticket in their parking lot. I was runnings stock from Saugus to Revere while on the job. My boss got it straightened out. Well, at least he did for about 10 years, cuz that's how long after it was that I got a letter in the mail from the town of Saugus saying I never paid a parking ticket from 1996. Who was I going to complain to? I STFU'd and paid it. MF'ers can choke on the money. At the time, the city was so in trouble they were trying to get the residents to approve a multi-million dollar tax override. The initiative got an FU from voters, so people like me got bills in the mail.

12. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Of course if the bills were legit they'd want interest; but that would get the media involved.

13. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 29 / -34

Can someone explain to me what Menino's role in the Boston waterfront has been?

All I can recall is that he wanted to move city hall to where the BofA pavilion is, but other than that, allowing something to happen while on your watch is not worthy of any credit.

I've watched countless hi-tech companies leave boston during the menino regime.

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh man, that reminds me of something similar that happened to me. My time lag was 15 years when I went to renew my license to find that Vermont was looking for a traffic ticket fee for hitch-hiking on I-90 in 1980! I had to drive up there expecting to pay hundreds in late fees, all ready for battle, but the judge just dismissed everything ...Gotta love VT.

The Menino thing...I think the chief role of a mayor of a great city like Boston (IMUO, the greatest city in the US) is to not screw it up. Seems like the city is doing well so...he gets to stay mayor. That's the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He may be embarrassing to some, and maybe have some corruption skeletons in the closet, but that's the price. (See Buddy Cianci)

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

The city has been broken for a long time. One of the highest costs of living in the entire country. There are what, a couple hundred murders a year at least. Taxes, fines, fees, regulations, etc. the city is run very poorly imo. I'm in and out of it all the time. Weekdays, weeknights, weekends. Sure there are nice parts of the city, but that doesn't mean it's run well. There are nice parts of virtually every place on the planet if u look for them. Heck tehre are nice parts in NYC too. Don't get me wrong, I like Boston. It's home for the most part. That doesn't mean it's run well, or isn't a complete ****hole in some parts.