PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Furrey did't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Lion's WR Mark Furrey did not sign a contact extension after his 1 year contract expired on Sunday. He would make a solid addition to the Pat's next year.

Lion's WR Mark Furrey did not sign a contact extension after his 1 year contract expired on Sunday. He would make a solid addition to the Pat's next year.

He definitely would.

Plus he was also a safety so he can be used on offense and defense. Really broke out this year from being nothing on the Rams for a while.

Millen might grab Calvin Johnson in the draft so its not to hard to understand that he will be expandable. But Martz may want to hang on to one of his guys, and vice versa the Furrey might want to stay with Martz since he can use Furreys stragths to his advantage.

Really like the avatar but just dont let Maroney see that Lomo label. He hates it.

He definitely would.

Plus he was also a safety so he can be used on offense and defense. Really broke out this year from being nothing on the Rams for a while.

Millen might grab Calvin Johnson in the draft so its not to hard to understand that he will be expandable. But Martz may want to hang on to one of his guys, and vice versa the Furrey might want to stay with Martz since he can use Furreys stragths to his advantage.

Really like the avatar but just dont let Maroney see that Lomo label. He hates it.

I didnt know he hates it. That is bad Karma. I will change it.

Furrey reminds me a lot of Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet. I think that Furrey would make a great #3 receiver.

However, its going to be interesting with Kight, Childress, Gaffney, Jackson, and Caldwell to see what the Pats do for their receiving corps.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Drew Bennett or Kevin Curtis signed by the Pats.

he seems to have some intangibles..besides the defense possibility..I LIKE him..and he might like to play for a winner for once..

Furrey reminds me a lot of Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet. I think that Furrey would make a great #3 receiver.

However, its going to be interesting with Kight, Childress, Gaffney, Jackson, and Caldwell to see what the Pats do for their receiving corps.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Drew Bennett or Kevin Curtis signed by the Pats.

119 receptions, 1086 yards, & 6 TD is a #3 WR??????

Last edited:
BIG SPECIAL TEAMS CONTIBUTER,

In the past before he started getting tons of more balls thron his way.

He has become a big time guy in Detroit.

I didnt know he hates it. That is bad Karma. I will change it.

His exact words on the nickname Lomo were. Who came up with that? He likes his nicknane of Kool Aid.

He's a possibility, though I would expect him to be a desired commodity by a number of clubs.

I thought it was very interesting in the Jax game that two WRs lined up in the backfield as RBs: Troy and Bam. I just see that as additional proof that Bam is being groomed to be the everyman that Troy has been for the club.

Kight, Caldwell, and Gaffney are very similar and appear to be interchangable parts for the team.

Furrey will be a classic buy-high mistake. His value will never be more than it is right now. Combine that with a lot of teams with a lot of cash and a a lot of demand for recievers (they're always in demand because teams see WRs as a flashy quick-fix) and there is no way I see him as a good investment.

Furrey will be a classic buy-high mistake. His value will never be more than it is right now. Combine that with a lot of teams with a lot of cash and a a lot of demand for recievers (they're always in demand because teams see WRs as a flashy quick-fix) and there is no way I see him as a good investment.

Well technically this is his only year on offense and starting but with the time hes had he looks like a real solid WR.

TomBrady'sGoat;277604His value will never be more than it is right now. [/QUOTE said:
Thats fine as long as he maintains. You opinion is just that. There are no facts to determine his future, accept a great year this year. He has more upside that most FA WRs.

119 receptions, 1086 yards, & 6 TD is a #3 WR??????

I seem to remember Troy Brown having 101 receptions, 1199 yards and 5 tds. Troy has really only ever been a #3. He was forced into the #1 role because we didn't have anyone else and the Pats did everything they could to get him out of that role.

Maybe Furrey is a solid #2 and I will admit I didn't see him that much. But, as I said, he reminded me a LOT of Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet.

I think Furrey is still a bit under the radar type of guy because the Lions sucked and Roy Williams got all the pub. He will definitely be a player who will get a lot of free agency action just because that position is devoid of a lot of quality free agents.

We do not need a high priced, stud WR. We can get a lot of a quality WR who might not be a marquee name.

I would be happy if we picked up any of the following receivers who will be available in free agency: Furrey, kevin Curtis, Drew Bennett, or DJ Hackett (ok, he is an RFA but with all the high priced WRs on the Seahawks' roster, they may not be able to afford to keep him even at one of the higher RFA tenders). Also, I expect several older veterans to be cut.

I would NOT overpay for him..BUT I would hope the Pats would gp for him if reasonablt priced..

I seem to remember Troy Brown having 101 receptions, 1199 yards and 5 tds. Troy has really only ever been a #3. He was forced into the #1 role because we didn't have anyone else and the Pats did everything they could to get him out of that role.

Maybe Furrey is a solid #2 and I will admit I didn't see him that much. But, as I said, he reminded me a LOT of Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet.

I am just not seeing how you call Troy in his prime a #3. Whether forced or not he played the #1 and was an awesome #1.

I think Furrey is still a bit under the radar type of guy because the Lions sucked and Roy Williams got all the pub. He will definitely be a player who will get a lot of free agency action just because that position is devoid of a lot of quality free agents.

We do not need a high priced, stud WR. We can get a lot of a quality WR who might not be a marquee name.

I would be happy if we picked up any of the following receivers who will be available in free agency: Furrey, kevin Curtis, Drew Bennett, or DJ Hackett (ok, he is an RFA but with all the high priced WRs on the Seahawks' roster, they may not be able to afford to keep him even at one of the higher RFA tenders). Also, I expect several older veterans to be cut.
The trouble with RFA tenders is they come with a draft pick, a mid-level tender would mean a 1st round pick for Hackett, seems self-defeating somehow...

He definitely would.

Millen might grab Calvin Johnson in the draft so its not to hard to understand that he will be expandable.

Interesting dilemma, clearly Kitna played Sunday like a man not wanting to see the Lions draft Brady Quinn. But Johnson did alot for his draft status yesterday and should be a top five pick, but can Millen honestly take ANOTHER WR IN THE TOP FIVE? I mean the last three Lions fans left might hang themselves if he does that. I see them taking either the Tackle Thomas from Wisconsin, or Branch from Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes