PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny, we've learned not to Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I remember when Terry Glenn was benched and inactive week after week in 2001, forcing our slot receiver, Troy Brown, into the ridiculous role of #1 receiver. I posted on this board that if we lost Glenn, it would take us at least five years before we'd contend for the SB. I ate my hat that year.

And, then, when Milloy was cut and signed with the Bills... and they whallopped our assses up and down the field... the end of the world was upon us. I was skeptical. I was very worried.

Starting that skinny Brady kid in the playoffs with Bledsoe riding the pine.
Trading a 2nd rounder for the ultimate problem child, Corey Dillon.

Now, we trade away our best WR, at a position where we have absolutely no proven depth except Troy Brown-- who is a #3 receiver with any other team-- and, in an incredible reversal of what would happen in any other city, the fans think it's great.

Well, consider that we got nothing for Milloy. We (barely) got a first rounder for Bledsoe and we got a compensatory 3rd for Woody. Belichick traded Tebucky Jones away to the Saints for a nice haul of picks (three picks in total, IIRC), and re-signed him to the roster three years later as a low cost free agent. We've lost McGinest and Vinatieri, Andruzzi and Ashworth, Big Ted Washington and Bobby Hamilton. And the team is still competitive, and still getting better, and still a credible threat to win it all.

With that kind of history, only wRong Borges doesn't see what's going on.

A FIRST ROUND PICK IN 2007?!?... fuking genius, I tell you.

All I can say is, thank God the Lions scared the piss out of the Seahawks in the opener. They're shooting their load, to cash in on the next seasons or two. They'll be doormats again in three or four years, just about when our new first rounder starts in his first Pro-Bowl.

Who is this "we" because it certainly wasn't Patsfans.com forum members, at least not the majority who have really blown up throughout this entire summer. Short fuses everywhere

RI Pats Fan said:
Who is this "we" because it certainly wasn't Patsfans.com forum members, at least not the majority who have really blown up throughout this entire summer. Short fuses everywhere
Koolaid isn't kool anymore, "bug juice" is now the drink of choice, turning real fanatics into fantasies. Get with the program pardner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back