PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny thing the opponents say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz421

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
i like to lurk in opponents forums before after games. Most posts are pretty ignorant and show the levels to which mankind is easily brainwashed. Sometimes though I read something that strikes my funny bone. Thought it might be fun to share.

Today someone said playing the Pats was like playiing a bunch of roided up lawyers.

I laughed like hell.

Humans tend to be lazy. It's easy to just label someone a cheater or come up with some other cute name. It actually takes a little effort to look at something and delve into what makes it so. If it doesn't fit "their" wishes then bingo, take the lazy way out. The easy way out, it's born of ignorance and it's almost impossible to change. It's also funny....

Every opponents forums are loaded with the same ****.

Just like alvin said once they label the Patriots as "cheaters" the blinders come on and no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.

One of my colleagues made the connection that it is like someone getting admitted to a mental facility of the past, once you are admitted its almost impossible to persuade someone that you aren't crazy as any behavior is attributed to that fact. Headsets aren't working? Of course it's cheating! It's sad.

The Pats are truly alone because they have been at the top for so long.

Every opponents forums are loaded with the same ****.

Just like alvin said once they label the Patriots as "cheaters" the blinders come on and no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.

One of my colleagues made the connection that it is like someone getting admitted to a mental facility of the past, once you are admitted its almost impossible to persuade someone that you aren't crazy as any behavior is attributed to that fact. Headsets aren't working? Of course it's cheating! It's sad.

The Pats are truly alone because they have been at the top for so long.

I dont think your alone, you have alot of fans from other teams that are not silly, and can read between the lines.
http://blackandgold.com/nfl/74050-headset-gate.html#post667028

There are always a few that make up their minds from the NFL or ESPN channel, but thats were some PATs fans have to do a better job going to our sites and educating us on the facts. Most Saints fans support NE because SP started it, by saying we need to be more like the Patriots, and so Saints fans started admiring them for their accomplishments.
Playing NE in 2009 was our SB, you see it everywhere. ITs because of respect, and most Saints fans have supported NE in every SB run.
But at a certain point you need to log on to Blackandgold, NOT saintsreport, lol, and and other sites and say " hey, no this is how we see it and what is going on" and they will listen.

I dont think your alone, you have alot of fans from other teams that are not silly, and can read between the lines.
http://blackandgold.com/nfl/74050-headset-gate.html#post667028

There are always a few that make up their minds from the NFL or ESPN channel, but thats were some PATs fans have to do a better job going to our sites and educating us on the facts. Most Saints fans support NE because SP started it, by saying we need to be more like the Patriots, and so Saints fans started admiring them for their accomplishments.
Playing NE in 2009 was our SB, you see it everywhere. ITs because of respect, and most Saints fans have supported NE in every SB run.
But at a certain point you need to log on to Blackandgold, NOT saintsreport, lol, and and other sites and say " hey, no this is how we see it and what is going on" and they will listen.

While I do agree with you, I believe Saint's fans have a much more empathetic view of our situation. Any other forum however, you would be hard pressed to find people that are actually thinking sensibly and rationally.

Last edited:
While I do agree with you, I believe Saint's fans have a much more empathetic view of our situation. Any other forum however, you would be hard pressed to find people that are actually thinking sensibly and rationally.
Yeah its a great point and true...I think we have been shown by our coach that NE and their fans are not something to fear or make excuses, but to emulate to be better, and we are an open minded city, so was easy. The empathy is absolutely from similar experiences.
I am more a forum jumper, so your correct. I have accounts with all 31 teams, same name. I remember being in the Jets forum, were I was pretty respected for 2-3 years, until I was attacked for posting here, and my post at patsforum became 3 post of how I was a traitor.
I had even posted serveral times before that most Saints fans have NE as a second team, but that didnt matter. So I understand that some team sites are completely irrational. Found the same on the SF, Philly, Colts, and some others.
But I would say that just pasting other fans opinions from a site that are negative, just incites, and is not accurate.
Instead of logging on to the other fans site and talking to those fans to educate them, and then posting the negative/positive outcome, is more accurate.
Most fans dont know what you know in NE. They dont follow you like we do.

Negative Thread posting is way out of hand, and the ones that do it search for threads form other teams to post and incite hatred. Instead of trying to improve Fan relations.

Last edited:
BB is in everyone's head.......some like Pettine and Kelly are smartening up that paranoia will get you smoked against the Pats

"Funny" sure is one way to describe what some opposing fans write. :)

Humans tend to be lazy. It's easy to just label someone a cheater or come up with some other cute name. It actually takes a little effort to look at something and delve into what makes it so. If it doesn't fit "their" wishes then bingo, take the lazy way out. The easy way out, it's born of ignorance and it's almost impossible to change. It's also funny....

It's not that funny when Jason Paige, a man who has the ear of many fans across the country, states that in this day and age he doesn't have to read the whole story to have an opinion.

Right now in our society, people are less informed but much more opinionated. These rehashed Pats cries are the best example of how far we've sunk.

I had a random question... Hines ward keeps saying we knew their signals in the '01 title game. But wasnt that the first time we played them under bb? So we wouldnt have this 'library' to go off of?

Note that i dont for one second doubt that hines is a sore loser and full of shi, but im just trying to figure out why something so simple has never been dissected or called out for what it is. Or am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes