PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny: Rex Ryan could join Pats coaching staff if fired before regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, this story is from some kid blogger

Wow. What a ****ty article.

Food Services manager.

I know this is just hear say but I think Rex Ryan has a lot to offer any organization, even the Pats. Unfortunately his personality will not fit with most organizations, he will be picked up somewhere though.

I think Rex Ryan will go back to being a DC (and probably a really good one) for some team. But it won't be here. He and BB have very different football philosophies, and style in general.

I'd do it. Hire him, stick him in a dark room watching film for a few days, and tell him to put together 5 blitz packages to target the opponent's weaknesses. No interaction with the players or media, just X's and O's.

I don't think this is possible. Josh was let go prior to the end of the season. I believe that's what made him available.

If he were to join the NEP, then it would be as a temporary consultant. It isn't implausible, like many of you opine. The NEP have a recent history of hiring other "minds" to assist BB. Think of Floyde Reese, Schiano, and Lombardi--and these are likely just the high-profile names that we are aware of. There could be others.

That being said. I agree with everyone elses' conclusion and don't think it happens. It wold be an emotional drain coaching his last games with the Jets and being fired, and then to join the "enemy." It also seems dishonest to his character to join his adversary (and so quickly), which would sit poorly with him (IMO).

I think BB respects his defensive mind (see 2010 NEP playoff defeat at the hands of the Jets), and BB previously employed his brother, Rob Ryan, as the linebackers coach from 2000-2003. Also consider BB's respect for pedigree and NFL history (i.e. Buddy Ryan).

Not going to ever happen. They have completely different defensive philosophies and as much as people trash him, I know (from reliable sources) that BB loves Matt Patricia.

I don't expect it to happen, but it wouldn't be the first time a Ryan worked for Belichick.

While Rex is a blubbering clown of a head coach, I think he is one of the best DC's in the NFL. I would never see BB letting him take Patricia's job, but I can't see why he would be opposed to him being a postseason consultant. Do I think it happens? No. Would I like it to? Yes

Assistant Janitor sounds about right.
This sounds right and the Pats wouldn't have to wait for him to be fired. Assistant janitor would be considered a promotion from his current job, so the Jets wouldn't be able to block the move.

If it helps getting a long term deal with Revis then go for it :D

I'd love for BB to regularly get 1 or 2 recently unemployed coaches together and pay them a nice sum to audit the team.

Just to get an unbiased look at potential weaknesses that our coaching staff might be blind towards.

Introducing the new Gillette Stadium entrance greeter, Rex Ryan...

images

Everybody's missing the obvious. The perfect place for Ryan to go and show his strengths is to the boob tube. Blowhards can do very well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back