PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny quote: Belichick on crappy teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon buddy, not everyone is as smart as you and me. Let's give them a break.

PJ, don’t get all China elitist on us. I don’t care how many treasury bonds your adopted country has bought. You have a crappy currency!

<Note to readers. PJ is short for PatJew. He lives in China. The "crappy" reference is in regard to the topic of the thead about "crappy" teams. While I do have concerns about the debt to China, my outrage was fake. Also, I do not think that the renminbi is a crappy currency.>

<Note to readers II. The above explanation was because TF thought some posts needed explanations in order not to be taken seriously. I now do not like this explanation business and would rather endure the rath of angry posters who misunderstand a post. I will not explain any further...unless Whiz asks for clarification.>

Last edited:
PJ, don’t get all China elitist on us. I don’t care how many treasury bonds your adopted country has bought. You have a crappy currency!

<Note to readers. PJ is short for PatJew. He lives in China. The "crappy" reference is in regard to the topic of the thead about "crappy" teams. While I do have concerns about the debt to China, my outrage was fake. Also, I do not think that the renminbi is a crappy currency.>

Fortunately my Chinese overlords have outlawed elitism, sarcasm, and currency appreciationism.

<Note to readers: I sure hope my Canada VPN is working properly.>

Last edited:
has anybody outlawed "rath" yet?

I took it to mean that crappy team we played in the Super Bowl, you know the one that shouldn't have even been there?

eta: I don't think the OP didn't get it....I think he was posting an explanation for those who might not get it. I could be way off though.

Yeah, that was the point.
Sorry I didn't make that clear.
I can't believe it turned into a three page long discussion. :bricks:

I took it to mean that crappy team we played in the Super Bowl, you know the one that shouldn't have even been there?
This was a humorous thread until you showed up. :beatingcoming:

<Note to readers II. The above explanation was because TF thought some posts needed explanations in order not to be taken seriously. I now do not like this explanation business and would rather endure the rath of angry posters who misunderstand a post. I will not explain any further...unless Whiz asks for clarification.>

:rofl::rofl::rofl: your post made my evening

note to readers. The quoted post did in fact make my evening. I am really laughing, not just merely using the rofl emoticon to prevent any attacks on my post........wait what? Ive confused myself. Can someone explain to me what im trying to say? :eek:

That's exactly the point.

At the time the Giants were considered to be one of the best, if not the best team in the league.

At the same time the Cowboys were considered to be one of the worst (crappy), if not the worst (crappiest) team in the league.

Hence ... 'ask the Giants if there are any crappy teams in the league'.

Make sense now?

I think he was explaining it to the people who didn't understand.

I flove BB so much. He has the most perfect kind of sense of humor, dry and deadpan.

You can really tell BB hates dealing with most of the media and the idiotic questions week after week.

This forum requires detailed explanations for any jokes or offhand comments. The intelligence and comprehension level is often far below a high school level for some posters. I assume this is a constant among sports forums, but sometimes it's a little depressing.

Uh, I don't understand what you're sayin

Couldn't stop laughing at this. Just thought I'd share it for the people who didn't see it.
It was in one of the interviews I saw on my iPhone, so I don't have the link. Maybe someone else can post it.
Here was Belichick's sly, mumbled joke, told with a straight face as he looked like he was trying to hide a smile.

"I don't get it." -> Cowboys beat the Giants.

That was the joke. !

For a guy without a pulse, old BB is pretty funny.

This forum requires detailed explanations for any jokes or offhand comments. The intelligence and comprehension level is often far below a high school level for some posters. I assume this is a constant among sports forums, but sometimes it's a little depressing.

patsfans.com

Deconstructing the OP's (i.e., Original Poster's) statement, he was positing that a comment made by Bill Belichick, who leads the football team "Patriots," which is the entity representing a six-state region of the United States in the National Football League, was humorous to him. In fact, he suggested, probably with some hyperbole, that he (or she, but typically followers of this sport are male) "couldn't stop laughing" at the remark. This is unlikely, because it would suggest he has been laughing for hours, or possibly days, which would likely be detrimental to his health. At the conclusion of his telling of this brief anecdote, the Original Poster included a clarification for those readers who were confused or otherwise bewildered by the remark he related. He would not have failed to understand the remark himself, as evidenced by the fact he could not stop laughing at it. The humorous remark was clarified by noting that recently an inferior football team, as evidenced by the number of games it had won compared to the number lost, had defeated (that is, scored more points than) a superior team, one which had a greater number of victories compared to losses.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back