PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny notebook item on Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Apparently Johnny is having trouble with his stamina. I'm starting to believe he has as much chance of making the final roster as NEM does...

"There’s only one word to describe the sight of defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan taking a punishment lap around the field during training camp: pathetic.

Sullivan took a couple of turns around the field, one solo and one with the team. His gait could best be described as a half-walk, and when he got back, he had to immediately take a knee. When Sullivan took a lap with the rest of the defense, he was the last in the pack by a few yards.

It appears Sullivan, who failed the team’s conditioning run before camp, has shed a few pounds, but his conditioning cleary is not adequate. . ."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153254

Last edited:
I think we know where this is heading with LeKevin Smith and Santonio Thomas both looking fairly active against Atlanta.

SoonerPatriot said:
Apparently Johnny is having trouble with his stamina. I'm starting to believe he has as much chance of making the final roster as NEM does...

"There’s only one word to describe the sight of defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan taking a punishment lap around the field during training camp: pathetic.

Sullivan took a couple of turns around the field, one solo and one with the team. His gait could best be described as a half-walk, and when he got back, he had to immediately take a knee. When Sullivan took a lap with the rest of the defense, he was the last in the pack by a few yards.

It appears Sullivan, who failed the team’s conditioning run before camp, has shed a few pounds, but his conditioning cleary is not adequate. . ."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153254
Thats felger...he has been criticizing sullivan since he got here...apparently he should be scouting and coaching instead of BB.

I agree that Sullivan looked crappy in the game Friday night.

He got pushed back, he wasn't effective fighting through blocks, and he was often standing at the end of a play, well away from the scrum around the ball. He was on the field a lot, and given a lot of opportunity to show what he can do.

What's puzzling is that Le Kevin has been moved to end. As deep as the Pats are at end - Seymour, Warren, Green, Wright, Hill - Le Kevin and Santonio Thomas seem to be working at end rather than NT.

You don't have to be Ted Washington huge to play NT. Remember that Jarvis Green has played a lot of nose, and Klecko plays back-up nose tackle. The Pats drafted Klecko with at least some consideration of playing him at nose. It's more technique than raw size - Le Kevin Smith is plenty big enough and stout enough to play.

So, on the one hand, we see Sullivan struggling to complete the conditioning run, late getting into on-field training camp due to that, and off-field behavioral problems. All things that piss off the Patriots in a big way.

On the other hand, we see all the competitors for his back-up NT spot moved to other areas, areas where the Patriots are already three strings deep.

Puzzling.

Urgent said:
On the other hand, we see all the competitors for his back-up NT spot moved to other areas, areas where the Patriots are already three strings deep.

Puzzling.

BB likes his DL to be versatile. Moving them around could mean anything.

For a littel guy, I thought Klecko didn't look too terribly bad on the nose against Atlanta. He had some issues when they ran right at him, but Gardner and Davisd played so bad, it's hard to say if Klecko was mising the assignemnt.

Wright should also be able to play some on the nose for us.

i give Sullivan 50% to make the team

i do not know why but i think he still have some possibilities

I agree - he needs to get in better shape (I too noticed he seemed gassed during the game Friday), but he doesn't need to be in T.O. shape, just Ted Washington shape would be good enough. (I doubt big Ted could beat my mother in a mile race, even though she has been gone ten years...)

SVN said:
Thats felger...he has been criticizing sullivan since he got here...apparently he should be scouting and coaching instead of BB.
Actually, I remember Felger saying that he loved the trade right after it happened. I think he, as well as a lot of other people, had no idea how out of shape Sullivan really is. Of course, no one should be surprised, since the guy's most famous anecdote is sitting in front of his locker eating nachos after getting kicked out of practice. Not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes