Funny Moments in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On the Field
In the 2003 Pats/Colts playoff game, Bellichek steps in front of Marvin Harrison along the sidelines after an interception to prevent Harrison from coming back on the field to attempt a tackle. A quick thinking Bellichek actually runs several steps to make this unforgettable play. If someone can post this video it is priceless.

On the Air
Drunken old foe Joe Namath throws some incomplete "passes" to Suzy Kolber in a Pats/Jets MNF blowout win in 2004. The following day, it is announced that Kissin' Joe is headed for rehab.

Off the Field
Just as the Lisa Olsen/Zeke "Take a Peek" Mowatt fiasco is beginning to fade, Pats owner Victor Kiam throws wood back on the fire telling this joke in front of the press: How are Lisa Olsen and Iraqui troops alike? They've both seen Patriot Missles up close!

Last edited:
Patriotic said:
On the Field
In the 2003 Pats/Colts playoff game, Bellichek steps in front of Marvin Harrison along the sidelines after an interception to prevent Harrison from coming back on the field to attempt a tackle. A quick thinking Bellichek actually runs several steps to make this unforgettable play. If someone can post this video it is priceless.

It used to be up here, but not anymore:

http://www.coltsgeeks.com/media/BB_Shuffle.wmv

(I actually got that link from the "XXXVI was fixed" website (Stlouisrams.net), made by that delusional RamFan who I and DaBruinz sparred with last summer)

Not a Patriot moment, but BB getting taken out by Ingrahm (sp?) when he was HC of the Browns.

BB repeatedly yelling mother f-er on camera during the Bronco playoff game this year.

BB leading the post game chant, "What do we think about having Tedy Bruschi back." Ohhhhhh yeahhh. He sounded like such a dork!

BB and Dad getting doused after Rodney's interception in SB 39

Lawyer Milloy tossing BB around like a ragdoll after the winning kick in SB 36.

Tom Brady spiking the ball after he scored in the snowbowl and sliding into the snow.

BB throwing his headset ala Mary Tyler Moore after the OT Miami win in 2003 and last minute Atlanta win in 2005.

BB refusing to look at BP during pre-game warm ups before the Bill-Bowl in 2003.

BB asking HugeCrush and I if we wanted him in the middle.....when we met him in CT.

Last edited:
* Clive Rush nearly electrocuting himself grasping the microphone.

* **** McPherson taking a leave of absence with diverticulitis.

* Pete Carroll saying his favorite food was abalone.

* Marion BUTTS, Bryan COX and Sam GASH all on the field at the same time during a game between the Pats and Miami.

* Fans sitting on snowdrifts during the infamous blizzard game.

* The plane flying a banner over Foxboro Stadium in '93 that read, "We want wins! Not blue shirts and crap logo."

What about Bob Gladeiux getting paged while in the stands..and a few minutes later suited up and returning the opening kick....ONLY the Patriots...!!!

Dartanyan said:
* Clive Rush nearly electrocuting himself grasping the microphone.

* **** McPherson taking a leave of absence with diverticulitis.

* Pete Carroll saying his favorite food was abalone.

* Marion BUTTS, Bryan COX and Sam GASH all on the field at the same time during a game between the Pats and Miami.

* Fans sitting on snowdrifts during the infamous blizzard game.

* The plane flying a banner over Foxboro Stadium in '93 that read, "We want wins! Not blue shirts and crap logo."

How about when Johnson, Woody, and Cox were all on the team?

how about the Ken Sims bowl in 1981 when it was obvious both the Colts and Patriots were trying to lose? shanking punts, everything!

how about during the waning minutes of SB 36 after the Patriots got called on a penalty on the punt that gave the Rams the ball for their final drive that ended up tying the game, special team coach Brad Seely clearly being seen screaming "What the F&*^ is THAT??????"

during the post game show when Terry Bradshaw has both Belichick and Kraft and he starts to ask Kraft "How does it feel to have a coach who loves you..." before quickly catching himself and saying "respects you"

Phil Simms getting nailed with the snowball

Patriotic said:
On the Air
Drunken old foe Joe Namath throws some incomplete "passes" to Suzy Kolber in a Pats/Jets MNF blowout win in 2004. The following day, it is announced that Kissin' Joe is headed for rehab.

Theismann- "Joe Namath is just a happy guy."

Maguire- "Ohh boy is he happy." :D

Namath LINK

...almost as bad as Rick Sutcliffe.

1.) 2003 in Indy i was sitting in the endzone (the wrong endzone) during the "goal line stand" game. Pats had no time outs left and i believe they had just played 2nd down. I got to See Willie walk off to the sidelines for the 3rd down play only for him to come up 10 feet short of the sideline and laydown on the field because he was injured. Absolutely hilarious; this stopped the clock. I immediately started laughing and said "what an *******, i love this guy". Those fans surrounding us were pretty pissed. Willie came in on the 4th down play and made the tackle.
Thats what made Willie so great. He would do ANYTHING to help the team and win.

2.) Watching Joe Namath with my dad in a hotel in Utah.
"ummmmm hey pops.......Is Joe Willie ****faced??"

3.) 20-3 Pats over Colts playoff game. The whole thing was comedy to me.

4.) Carolina Superbowl. Kickoff out of bounds to give us great position for the final drive.

5.) willie's holding call on marshall faulk in 01' Superbowl. It hurt but it was funny at the same time. One of those painful things you laugh at.... like stubbing the **** out of your toe.

That video that is on your tube is good for some great cheese... But have Belichick walk out on the Jets, after Parcells walked out on us.. is priceless..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
That video that is on your tube is good for some great cheese... But have Belichick walk out on the Jets, after Parcells walked out on us.. is priceless..
BB's news conference was...a bit odd....

What about Chatham and the streaker??? Remonded me of when a fan ran on the field and Mike Curtis a Colt LB nailed him...

Seymour93 said:
Theismann- "Joe Namath is just a happy guy."

Maguire- "Ohh boy is he happy." :D

Namath LINK

...almost as bad as Rick Sutcliffe.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :singing:

You've made me very happy, Seymour.

I just knew there had to be a clip of that somewhere out in cyber-space. What an immortal few moments -- even funnier in retrospect than it was at the time. Complete with the Suzy Kolber Muppet-voice. Priceless!

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I'll never forget seeing BB's Jet's resignation press conference live. In retrospect it was reality television at its most hilarious, especially when Gutman took the podium immediately afterward and called BB "disturbed." Wish I had a tape of it.

Pats726 said:
What about Bob Gladeiux getting paged while in the stands..and a few minutes later suited up and returning the opening kick....ONLY the Patriots...!!!

and he drunk before a couple of beers...

The Fighting Sullivans

As LB Steve Nelson and a teamate walk off the field after the Pats upset playoff win over the Raiders on the way to SBXX, they see Pat Sullivan getting into a fight with Raider Matt Millen. Nelson and his teamate look at each other to see if they want to come to "Sonny" Sullivan's aide. They shake thier heads and keep walking.

P S Can you imagine Tedy not helping Bob Kraft if Joey Porter was wailing on Kraft?? Thank god Michael Jackson help kill the fighting Sullivans.

Last edited:
I think it was 1998. Back to back comebacks by Bledsoe to beat Miami and Buffalo. The Bills game was won on a controversial play with :01 second left. The Bills leave the field in disgust, the Pats run the extra point with no Bills players on the field. The ball is snapped to the holder, who hands it off to Vinatieri for an easy 2-point play. Anyone remember that one?

Off the field: The Victor Kiam Era

Pete Carroll head butting players on the sidelines.

A little known one...The week after the blizzard game with Miami, the Pats are hosting Jacksonville. Snow is in the forecast. BB returns to the field after halftime, turns the palms of his hands upward and within minutes, the snow begins falling heavily. From that moment on, I knew that Bill could control whatever he wanted.

Pats line up for the field goal as Troy takes his time getting off the field. NOT!

Adam hits him for the TD!

Do I remember that right?

Pats726 said:
What about Chatham and the streaker??? Remonded me of when a fan ran on the field and Mike Curtis a Colt LB nailed him...

HAHA...Oh yeah! Then Chatham saying after the game that BB had been showing them film on the streaker all week!

Shula's tantrum when the snowplow came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes