PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny comment sequence at Football Outsiders

I still think Legolas was MVP. Clutch and put up huge numbers

Numbers, sure -- if this were fantasy football, you'd take Legolas #1. But this is football fantasy. My money's on the guy with the leadership skills to rally a team that everybody else left for dead.

Aragorn doesn't put up the flashy stats, he doesn't get the big-money shampoo endorsements, all he does is win.

It was awful when Aragorn tried that early end-around play and it got ruined by Merry & Pippen. It ended up getting one of our key players (Frodo) put on the in season-IR.

As odd as the play was, it really did seem to bring the team together.

Numbers, sure -- if this were fantasy football, you'd take Legolas #1. But this is football fantasy. My money's on the guy with the leadership skills to rally a team that everybody else left for dead.

Aragorn doesn't put up the flashy stats, he doesn't get the big-money shampoo endorsements, all he does is win.

I dunno man, I heard from numerous people that Aragorn is favorited by the Refs, I heard this one time the refs let him play with a bunch of corporeal dudes. Couldn't tackle em, they could fly, occasionally they were invisible. Not to mention he gets his running back nearly killed almost every time he calls a run play.

Ach, hss, we hates the nasssty Jetses.

The guy you really want on your side is Sam. Plays past the whistle and has a real nasty streak, which you'd never know if you encountered him outside the game. He's also smarter than his personality suggests, and he likes to eat.

He's the perfect offensive lineman.

The guy you really want on your side is Sam. Plays past the whistle and has a real nasty streak, which you'd never know if you encountered him outside the game. He's also smarter than his personality suggests, and he likes to eat.

He's the perfect offensive lineman.

That kid is definitely all heart. Not the most gifted physically but you need a nasty SOB like that to set the tone.

That kid is definitely all heart. Not the most gifted physically but you need a nasty SOB like that to set the tone.

he plays both sides of the ball as well, I call him the joker, he can shed blockers and tacklers, hes got no quit, the only real negative is he doesn't have a swim move.

Bard at free safety -- he takes perfect angles, and can bring down ANYBODY on the opposing team, even when he starts the play far away from the action.

Legolas at strong safety -- similar skills to Bard's, but he's more inclined to seek out contact.

Whereas Gollum has little else -- basically just a swim move and some sneaky quickness.

dont forget those blind side hits, late hits, dude bit off someones finger trying to recover a fumble.

Gollum is dirty, always wants the ring, never has the self control to actually get it anymore.

I'm glad Faramir is still around, he could easily been draged down when his father went and quit on the team. He has potential, sneaky fast and can blend in with the enviroment. Loyal to a fault.

And don't hate on gandalf, he came through at the right time to get us field position with that whole arriving at Helms Deep thing. He threw a hail mairy and it went his way.

Jets offensive:

You-shall-not-pass1.jpg

if anything Gandalf should be lambasted as the poorest offensive coordinator of all time, Its 4th and a thousand miles and the dude calls a run play, but soon as they have the lead he finally calls in the eagles for a long garbage time touchdown, then when it all goes to **** he calls a screen pass with Sam the only blocker for our hb frodo, Luckily it caught saurons defense by suprise due to the hurry up offense after boromir got hurt.

Along these lines…

How Lord of The Rings Should Have Ended - YouTube

Whatever else you say about him, Aragorn is one heck of a signal-caller. In particular, he executed a literally legendary play-fake outside the Gates of Mordor, while his play on the Plains of Gondor exhibited perfect timing.

Gandalf was a fairly poor middle linebacker. He made some questionable positioning calls, and he had the unfortunate habit of getting caught up in trash.

He showed creative brilliance, however, when he handled player personnel.

Don't gloat. Mordor once again shows brilliance in grabbing UDFA. Once Shelob returns from shrugging off that torn exuviae, she's going to be a beast.

Still amazes me how when the going gets tough, the Eagles just disappear...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back