PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny comment sequence at Football Outsiders

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, if you're a Lord of the Rings fan, anyways...

RickD :: Mon, 12/09/2013 - 3:23pm
"The rule says you can't launch in an upward direction, which means if you leave your feet, you have to hit the guy below the waist."
Maybe if you're a hobbit that's true.

Re: Audibles at the Line: Week 14
by Will Allen :: Mon, 12/09/2013 - 3:26pm
That Frodo always gave 110%.

by TimK :: Tue, 12/10/2013 - 4:11pm
Nah, Frodo was more of a show-pony, give me a team of Gamgees.

by tuluse :: Tue, 12/10/2013 - 4:17pm
Frodo was obviously a choker anyways, since Gullum destroyed the ring in the end.
I'd take the big play potential of Merry. When you need a Nazgul captain slain, he's your man.

by Hurt Bones :: Tue, 12/10/2013 - 4:33pm
He needed a better line. I mean stabbed by ring wraiths, barrow wights, stung by spiders. Sure some of it's his fault, but his supporting cast does have to shoulder some of the blame.

by Cythammer (not verified) :: Tue, 12/10/2013 - 8:09pm
Hey, he still got his team all the way to Mordor. If he gets a little fumble luck at the end, so what? Every team has some good fortune.
More credit needs to go to Coach Gandalf though. The wizardry of his defensive schemes were just enough for his ragtag defense to slow down the opposition and allow his team to have a chance. After years of never living up to his potential Aragorn finally had his breakout season, and veteran Elrond decided to stay around for one last season, when he could so easily have retired to the West. Legolas was a valuable contributor though he still needs to learn how to take a hit – I've never seen a player so eager to get out of bounds. Kind of a pretty boy.
The league is changing, though. I don't think elves and dwarves will ever be as big of a factor in the game. That's been a long time coming – it ain't the Second Age anymore.

by Hurt Bones :: Tue, 12/10/2013 - 8:12pm
And oliphaunts have gone the way of fullbacks.

by In_Belichick_We... :: Wed, 12/11/2013 - 2:53pm
LOL - fumble luck. Precious.

by LionInAZ :: Wed, 12/11/2013 - 9:35pm
Actually, it was the play-fake to Aragorn that won it.

Yeah, I have no idea what any of this means.

Borimor really fell of a cliff this year and Bilbo has lost a step. I expect BB to pick up Gimly next year if the Fellowship doesn't resign him. He might not have the prototypical size for the system, but he has a good motor and a great pedigree. BB would have signed his cousin Balin if Balrog didn't cut his career short.

Well, if you're a Lord of the Rings fan, anyways...

if anything Gandalf should be lambasted as the poorest offensive coordinator of all time, Its 4th and a thousand miles and the dude calls a run play, but soon as they have the lead he finally calls in the eagles for a long garbage time touchdown, then when it all goes to **** he calls a screen pass with Sam the only blocker for our hb frodo, Luckily it caught saurons defense by suprise due to the hurry up offense after boromir got hurt.

Maybe a new code by BB that no competing team could break

The league already took away his wizards's staff because BB used the Palantíri to steal Smeagol's signals.

What a bunch of geeks. :p

This is ridiculous.

Legolas could not take a hit? They would have never made it to Mordor if not for Legolas. Once again people just see the hair the great life. And look pass that you never have to worry about Legolas not doing his job. Best skilled position player on the team too.

This is ridiculous.

Legolas could not take a hit? They would have never made it to Mordor if not for Legolas. Once again people just see the hair the great life. And look pass that you never have to worry about Legolas not doing his job. Best skilled position player on the team too.

Yeah hes got skill, but he almost never runs the right routes, i mean during the game at helms deep he ran down the stairs when he was supposed to be blocking for his friend, and what happened? his friend pretty much had his head taken off by the orcs, not to mention the QB aragon getting sacked.

Legolas is such a diva, he makes TO look good.

Let's not forget the Ents blitz package. They had a righteous sack of Saruman at a key time. Changed the whole momentum. Really pinned Mordor deep against Mt. Doom.

Okay, totally Geeksville. But as long as you don't stay too long!

English please ! me no understand .

I still think Legolas was MVP. Clutch and put up huge numbers

Still haven't figured out what they thought they were doing by trying to punt the ball to Tom Bombadil early on. It didn't go anywhere at all. They probably would have gotten a delay of game penalty if it went on any longer.

And luckily Arwen decided to stick around in Middle-Earth; otherwise Aragorn would have had to leave too soon.

larry-david-eh-o.gif

Too much Lambda Lambda Lambda and not enough Alpha Beta in that back and forth.

What's sad is that I could follow this. I had the misfortune of reading Tolkien back in the 70's, and it forever soured me on Fantasy as a genre. The best one was actually a take-off on it called "Bored of the Rings", but I digress........

Now, SciFi....... there's something to get into. I mean, outside of football, what's not to like about Lingerie & Laser Cannons, eh? :rocker:

Bored of the Rings was done by the Harvard Lampoon guys. And yes, it definitely had its moments.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back