PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun with Super Bowl videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
is a well-paced highlight film of the second half of the Super Bowl.

I actually got something new from it -- both of Brady's TD passes in the fourth quarter flew very close to outstretched Seahawk hands. In that quarter, football was really a game of inches.

I don't know what Kam Chancellor was doing but I really don't think Lafell needed to be tripled team on the Amendola TD. I guess He was hoping to pick Brady off. Maybe he was reading Brady's eyes. Whatever the reason he vacated the space so Amendola became open.

That 3rd and 14 completion to Edelman where Brady stepped up past a tremendous pass rush and fired to Julian who got his head taken off but held onto the rock and still almost got 15 extra yards.

They were down by 10 at that point and was the first sign of any life for them in the 2nd half.

The chips were stacked against them. That moment was truly their finest hour.

You're right about how close those passes were to Seattle hands especially on the Amendola TD.

Also:

1. Love the camera angle on the Gronkowski catch.
2. I still can't believe that Butler intercepted that pass.
3. When Carroll says "Oh No!!" is just classic.

Seattle's yacking was so funny. "Can't guard you, don't have an answer" after tha big free agent caught a couple on Arrington. They put browner on him, he was done. doesn't Kearse know a guy that was on his own team?

Beautiful interception in front of gronk. Gotta tip your hat, he deked him and reversed direction.

That shot of Butler just blubbering uncontrollably is iconic. With his limited knowledge and ability, he gave as close to 100% of what he had as any human does.

Always hated the baloney "give 110%" because it's just hogwash. Give as much as you have and there's always more.

Always liked watching that frumpy talent show contestant Susan Boyle nail that song from les miserables too. We can't all be Tom Brady, but if you really give your all, you can make something special, i believe that's true for anyone.

Last edited:
That 3rd and 14 completion to Edelman where Brady stepped up past a tremendous pass rush and fired to Julian who got his head taken off but held onto the rock and still almost got 15 extra yards.

They were down by 10 at that point and was the first sign of any life for them in the 2nd half.

The chips were stacked against them. That moment was truly their finest hour.

Brady missed a wide open Vereen on the 1st down preceding that 3rd and 14. And Collinsworth is like, everyones blanketed. no where to throw the football...and of course they don't show Vereen being open for a modest gain. I'm not sure why Brady didn't go to him. I'm sure he had a good reason but it resulted in a sack.

That personal foul on Earl Thomas for a late hit out of bounds on the Vereen screen play was just total BS! What is Earl Thomas supposed to do? Refs weren't that good in the Superbowl for both sides.

Should have been Offensive pass interference on Lafell on the next play. Tharold Simon would have picked that off if it wasn't for Lafell. Refs really sucked.

Last edited:
Without that tough, improbable comeback - this offseason would have been nothing short of torture.

Well, there was a comeback, and the off-season has been nothing short of gleeful.

Just the thought of how much the Butler play crushed the haters makes it even sweeter, if that's even possible.

This banner raising might be the best yet.

This banner raising might be the best yet.

If RG & Kraft are both there for game 1 and Brady isn't - I'm not sure about "best", but I'll vote for "most interesting".

If RG & Kraft are both there for game 1 and Brady isn't - I'm not sure about "best", but I'll vote for "most interesting".
There is no way in hell Roger Goodell is in Foxboro Week 1.

There is no way in hell Roger Goodell is in Foxboro Week 1.

What we do know is that Fraudger and all of his pals, and all of their families and their pals, got to see the Pats last game. That thought alone makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back