PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun Stuff from JetNation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I decided to pay my rookie visit to JetNation today and these are some of the things that I found:

From Latinlawyer: You guys have three rings...we have one and its vintage (1969). What do you expect! We are only human and we were just picking on belichicken because he was not a JETS coach..now we have mini-Bill...everything is fine..just win!

They are calling Mangini "Little Bill"? HA!

From Warfish:-- The Warfish
NY Jets Football 2006: The Mangini Era Begins....

From Maxman on Josh McDaniels: This is great news. He is 29, so when Mangini leaves to coach the Pats in 5 years we can hire him. Our 2nd 34 year old coach in a row.

Just great!!!

From GreenDNA: Admit that the only reason the Pats won those 3 Super Bowls was because of Eric Mangini and now the Jets have him!

Also, the Jets people call BB "Belly." Cripes, even I don't call him THAT!

They certainly are jazzed about EM over there! It will be fun to see what they are saying about him when the Jets start next year 0-4 or 1-3.....

well

of course they are all jazzed over there------i mean look at what it's been like the last few years! :D Their perspective is just a little warped, that's all!

If we had Herm Edwards coaching this team for 5 years, I would be "jazzed" to see us hire Barnie Rubble.

Go to Jets Insider dot com...that's the real home of Jet fan....and the closest thing to a space alien in cyberspace, Frank Moga III

huskeralk said:
If we had Herm Edwards coaching this team for 5 years, I would be "jazzed" to see us hire Barnie Rubble.

HA!! It was nice to see a familiar name over there!

There is also a funny thread there about nicknames for EM!!

Bill's Girl said:

Yeah, there are some funny guys over there. Alot of what is said is tongue in cheek. Especially guys like Maxman, I don't think he has said anything serious since he started that joint. Now guys like Barton and madmike are 100% serious all the time and that is just frightening. What is your username over there?

Joker said:
Go to Jets Insider dot com...that's the real home of Jet fan....and the closest thing to a space alien in cyberspace, Frank Moga III

That place went down the tubes when Sooth ran a bunch of the regulars off. Now it's more like romper room with a bunch of 12 year olds on crack. I just got banned from there last week. :D

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
Yeah, there are some funny guys over there. Alot of what is said is tongue in cheek. Especially guys like Maxman, I don't think he has said anything serious since he started that joint. Now guys like Barton and madmike are 100% serious all the time and that is just frightening. What is your username over there?

I did not sign up for a username, I just lurked. I will let you know if I sign up. The people who hate BB but think EM is the second coming crack me up!!

Bill's Girl said:
I did not sign up for a username, I just lurked. I will let you know if I sign up. The people who hate BB but think EM is the second coming crack me up!!

They only hate Belichick because they still feel that he screwed them over. There are very few of them that won't admit that he's a great coach though. They just have high hopes for Mangini because he has worked with Belichick for all those years. I don't think that is going to make much difference, I'm pretty sure he will sing in New York and they'll be looking for another new coach in two years.

Bill's Girl said:

Yeah, huskeralk is a big time Jets fan.

Michael said:
Yeah, huskeralk is a big time Jets fan.

You're going to force me to start a stalker list. :eek:

Bill's Girl said:

Are you thinking about becoming a troll?

Actually, I visit Jetsinsider. Started when they were about to sign Ty Law. They were so full of bravado. They were going to win the SB- no question.

After 3 weeks it was both funny and pathetic how they turned on their own team. They do have some wild and crazy guys over there.

PATSNUTme said:

Actually, I visit Jetsinsider. Started when they were about to sign Ty Law. They were so full of bravado. They were going to win the SB- no question.

After 3 weeks it was both funny and pathetic how they turned on their own team. They do have some wild and crazy guys over there.

Jetsinsider does pretty much suck. You should check out Jetnation though, you can talk trash on their team and most times the fans will agree with you. There's a handful of us Patriots fans over there too so we'll have your ack. :D

Last edited:
Did you guys do The Rain Cycle when you were in elementary school? You know, beginning science -- ocean, clouds, wind, rain, rivers, ocean.

Well, there's something like it in the Jet Cycle -- goes from exuberant over-optimism, smack-talking trolling (off-season through weeks 1-4) through flight from reality (failure to acknowledge set-backs -- lasts until team are out of play-offs) followed by finger-pointing search for a scapegoat (co-ordinator, coach, GM, football gods) to a point of catharsis where something is imagined to have fundamentally changed (new co-ordinator, coach, GM, football gods change mind) and then the whole cycle gets going again.

I guess all futile franchises have a bit of this, but the Jets seem to take it to greater extremes. And the sad bit is that, since the whole franchise is so dysfunctional, the cycle just repeats and repeats and repeats ...

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

If I do sign up, I think my name would be Nut's Girl!! ;)

Honestly I wanted to see what they had to say about Eric the Green, and I always like to know what other fans are saying about BB!

Mike the Brit said:
Did you guys do The Rain Cycle when you were in elementary school? You know, beginning science -- ocean, clouds, wind, rain, rivers, ocean.

Well, there's something like it in the Jet Cycle -- goes from exuberant over-optimism, smack-talking trolling (off-season through weeks 1-4) through flight from reality (failure to acknowledge set-backs -- lasts until team are out of play-offs) followed by finger-pointing search for a scapegoat (co-ordinator, coach, GM, football gods) to a point of catharsis where something is imagined to have fundamentally changed (new co-ordinator, coach, GM, football gods change mind) and then the whole cycle gets going again.

I guess all futile franchises have a bit of this, but the Jets seem to take it to greater extremes. And the sad bit is that, since the whole franchise is so dysfunctional, the cycle just repeats and repeats and repeats ...
Brilliant, as the beer commercial says! :D

huskeralk said:
You're going to force me to start a stalker list. :eek:

I don't have to stalk you. Anytime someone mentions the Jets there you are. :p

I need a hug..... I (stupidly) took husker's advice about reading Jets Insider. I can't believe the amount of venom they still have for BB after 6 years! Although if BB had fallen on his face with us, they would not even remember his name!

Michael said:
I don't have to stalk you. Anytime someone mentions the Jets there you are. :p

But it is you that jumps in threads that I'm involved in, quotes me then accuses me of being a Jets fan. That kind of obsession in the real world is called stalking and you can go to jail for it. All it is is you have sour grapes because I didn't agree with your opinion. New flash, 73% of Patriots fans on this board don't agree with your opinion. I'll link the poll if you would like proof.

Bill's Girl said:
I need a hug..... I (stupidly) took husker's advice about reading Jets Insider. I can't believe the amount of venom they still have for BB after 6 years! Although if BB had fallen on his face with us, they would not even remember his name!

:D Hey, I warned you. It's nothing but a bunch of 12 year olds running around with crack pipes. All of the older knowledgable posters got chased off to Jetnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back