Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fun in Boston?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Mike the Brit, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +322 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Well, I've been living in Cambridge, MA for about six weeks now.

Not surprisingly, I've been working really hard. My current idea of a wild evening seems to be reading papers in front of the football with the sound turned off (not such a hardship when the alternative is listening to Joe Theisman and Tony Kornheiser).

But in a couple of weeks an old friend of mine will be coming to Boston. Way back when, Steve and I used to go out for lunch every six months or so. We'd have too much wine, follow with a trip to the pub and get back in time to close up the office. We're older and more responsible now, it's true, but I'd still like to take him somewhere that is fun -- nice food, good drink, decorative women (not necessarily in that order!)

Any ideas?
  2. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If you want good Italian food go to the North End. Lots of authentic Italian restaurants.

I'm not sure what you mena by "decorative woman", but if you're looking for fancy, high-society types, go to Newbury Street. That's where all the contemporary cafes are and rich people hang out.

If by "decorative woman" you mean ones who take their clothes off for a living, you wont find those in Boston, you have to head out the suburbs/surround area.
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Most of the bars I frequent sell wine out of a box. So I don't think I'd be much help there. I do know of a nudie bar in Revere I believe, called King Arthur's.
  4. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Isn't the one in Revere called Squires. If this is the one you are thinking of, it is on Squire Road right off Route 1.
  5. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +322 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Thanks, Willie. Sounds good. Newbury Street sounds to be the sort of place we should head for -- we're not rich, but for one evening we could pretend to be. ;)