PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun Fact: Brady leads the NFL in passing yards after one game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Not bad after one "rusty" game coming off major knee surjery.

Also first in completions (39) and fourth (73.6) in completion percentage.

Another fun fact: His career QB rating went from a 92.9, to a 93.0.

If Tom Brady has to lead the NFL in passing yards, the Patriots will not be winning the Super Bowl. Unless you want to bet against 40+ years of historical data ...

If Tom Brady has to lead the NFL in passing yards, the Patriots will not be winning the Super Bowl. Unless you want to bet against 40+ years of historical data ...

I actually made a topic with those stats a while back, weird stuff.

And that's even considering the crappy first half he had. Imagine what he could have done if he had played the entire game like he did in the second half.

Thank you. Reality is nice for a change.

I don't really want to see Brady racking up numbers like 2007, or giving Manning and Drew Brees a run for most passing yardage. That doesn't win SBs.

I'd like to see a more balanced offense with more dedication to running the ball. About 3500-4000 yards passing from TB would be fine, with 30+ TDs and less than 10 INTs.

I don't really want to see Brady racking up numbers like 2007, or giving Manning and Drew Brees a run for most passing yardage. That doesn't win SBs.

This is like the "pitching is more important than hitting" argument in baseball. The idea is too score more than the other team before time runs out. So however you can do that, it doesn't really matter.

This is like the "pitching is more important than hitting" argument in baseball. The idea is too score more than the other team before time runs out. So however you can do that, it doesn't really matter.

Thank you, we needed a little big of logic.

How can one possibly say that they don't want Brady to have another season like '07 when it lead to 18 straight wins? He didn't lose the Superbowl by throwing for 350 Yds, the offense had a subpar game.

Seriously though, How can you not want to have the best offense in the league?

I am quite happy with Brady racking up big yardage.

The Patriots defense will be "just hanging on" (as BB said about their DBs a number of years ago) for the first half of the season until Mayo get back or Guyton learns how to sniff out a screen pass. The Patriots DBs will be OK, but the pass rush and run defense will be suspect. The bottom line is that the Patriots will have to put up a lot of points...

Thank you, we needed a little big of logic.

How can one possibly say that they don't want Brady to have another season like '07 when it lead to 18 straight wins? He didn't lose the Superbowl by throwing for 350 Yds, the offense had a subpar game.

Seriously though, How can you not want to have the best offense in the league?

I'm fine having the best offense in the league, but I'm much more interested in winning the SB.

We've had this discussion before. For details see:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/262884-first-impressions-2-a.html

History suggests that the team with the most prolific offense rarely brings home the hardware at the end of the season. The 2007 Patriots, 2003 Colts, 2001 Rams, 1999 Vikings, 1990 Bills and 1990 49ers all lost to more balanced teams.

I'd love an offense that's capable of putting up those kind of numbers every game. But history says that if Brady puts up 5000 yards of passing, we won't be the ones with the Lombardi trophy.

I think it's pretty obvious to see if you pay attention to the game they were trying to get Brady going. They completely ignored the run, possibly feeling tom getting in a groove.

Hey, I have no problem with how we win as long as we do. I just think this team will be more balanced. Some weeks you're going to see a lot of short passing. Some weeks, they'll bomb opponents. But others weeks they'll gash them. I don't care how this offense gets it done, just so much that they can get it all done when the time comes.

as long as everyone stays healthy there's no reason for this offense not to stay very versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes