PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Full Three Round Mock:

Joe, help me out here. Will someone tell my why I would spend my first round pick on Louis Nix. Don't tell me he is a replacement for Vince Wilfolk on the nose. In an era where run stuffing NT's are being devalued, why would I pick one first? We need pocket pushers, NOT run stuffers. Am I missing something here?

Joe, help me out here. Will someone tell my why I would spend my first round pick on Louis Nix. Don't tell me he is a replacement for Vince Wilfolk on the nose. In an era where run stuffing NT's are being devalued, why would I pick one first? We need pocket pushers, NOT run stuffers. Am I missing something here?
Patfanken, I would recommend stop listening to all these "so-called" experts on t.v. who clam this position is being "devalued." A good nose tackle controls the line of scrimmage and will demand a double team, or changes the blocking schemes of the offense. I wouldn't look at Nix as a replacement player, but more of an effective D-Lineman.

However, I agree with you on not drafting Nix in the first round. Nix came into his last season at Notre Dame over weight and didn't play worth a damn as well. That was just my .2....

At #29, I think BB is looking for value. The real question to ask is does BB see value in taking Nix at #29.

Keep in mind also that only BB and the medical staff truly know the current state of Wilfork's rehab from the injury. If Wilfork has lost any of his athleticism from this injury, then he could come back as JAG.

Also maybe BB is thinking Wilfork joins Gronkowski on the PUP to start the year.

Today's NFL is about having depth and being two deep at every position and if the Pats learned anything from last year, it was that they are only 1 deep at NT.

100% no chance CJ lasts to round 3 anymore

I like a lot of what you did with that mock, particularly ranking Bitonio above Su’a Filo. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bitonio go in round 1. Like others here, I would be very surprised to see the Patriots take Nix over Hageman, but I do understand the appeal.

I totally understand that concept too which is why I took Kareem Martin DE 6'6 270 big and has speed in round 2.

Even if Vince comes back healthy, does Tommy Kelly? or Vice versa. and if both do come back healthy how much would they have left in the tank? Siliga, Jones and Vellano don't cut it as other options. The bigfoot or Armond Armstead, who knows about him. I've heard he's talented but cant spot him anywhere.

The Patriots have youth in secondary and LB corps and relative youth at DE (jones, Buchanan) DT is a huge question mark and if we can bring in someone who can consists take on two blockers and control the line that will make the pass rush even better.

I like a lot of what you did with that mock, particularly ranking Bitonio above Su’a Filo. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bitonio go in round 1. Like others here, I would be very surprised to see the Patriots take Nix over Hageman, but I do understand the appeal.

Last mock I did I had the Patriots taking Hageman. He has been the guy I would like to see come in as DT in Rd1 but if Nix is there I wouldn't have a complaint taking him either

100% no chance CJ lasts to round 3 anymore
I have seen this written by you several times in recent days. I am curious, what you are basing it on? I have seen nothing that indicates a stock rise, he has held steady as the #105 prospect on NFL draft scout since the combine.

Good effort on this mock. Personally though if it falls this way with no trades give me

#1 Jernigan - DT (more all around player that can pass rush as well as run stuff some)
#2 Martin - C
#3 CJ CJ Fiedorowicz - TE

I really liked who you picked for the Pats in those situations, even if I find some fallers puzzling (Mettenberger lasting until the end of day two?). Pretty much as good as you can expect in a world without traded picks.

I have seen this written by you several times in recent days. I am curious, what you are basing it on? I have seen nothing that indicates a stock rise, he has held steady as the #105 prospect on NFL draft scout since the combine.
Mike Mayock, Tom Curran and others have said theres a very good interest in him. Those are guys in the know and whose (whos?) opinion i trust

I really liked who you picked for the Pats in those situations, even if I find some fallers puzzling (Mettenberger lasting until the end of day two?). Pretty much as good as you can expect in a world without traded picks.

Yeah, I suck at mocking QBs.. cant think where to put them

Patriots trade similar to last years deal with Minnesota and have two 2nd and 3rd round picks:
#2 Ra'Shede Hageman - DE/DT
#2 Marcus Martin - C
#3 Kareem Martin - DE
#3 CJ Fiedorowicz - TE

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back