PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Full Patriots 2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
too early for that. gotta find out what happens with Fitz...whether the Sanchize is the Denver starter at that point...lots of unknowns...

not worried about Denver.....at best they will be like the 2014 Broncos

as for the rest of them, disarray is a word that fits most teams

I'm picking the cards and the broncos as losses

Who is completely ignoring that game? The Pats team that ended the season last year was clearly not the team from the first Bills contest. The OL was banged up, Solder was gone, they had zero running game, and Edelman was out. That game was where it became apparent that the OL was going to have issues going through the rest of the season and the season ended with Brady getting pasted time after time and bloodied in Denver.

Don't play dumb. Viper with his usual doom and gloom self posted about how buffalo hit Brady in that 2nd game acting as if the OL play that ended the season is gonna be the one that starts the season. Which is asinine to think. In reality the OL will be more like the one that allowed Brady drop back 61 times and only get hit 7 than the one that played in Denver

Don't play dumb. Viper with his usual doom and gloom self posted about how buffalo hit Brady in that 2nd game acting as if the OL play that ended the season is gonna be the one that starts the season. Which is asinine to think. In reality the OL will be more like the one that allowed Brady drop back 61 times and only get hit 7 than the one that played in Denver

The o-line still needs work. In 2014 it did enough to win the SB, but any other QB would have been mauled. Brady has been a pineta at times for the past few seasons.

The OL had warts at the beginning of the season, too. It was simply masked by the quick passing game. Same as in 2014. For that reason, I would expect a move in the draft to bolster that area and it will probably take place at either 60 or 61.

This is nothing new, but there is something fundamentally wrong about the way the NFL schedules are made out. Each year, there are two "position" games, i.e., games against the team with the corresponding record in the two divisions in the AFC that aren't on the schedule. Last year, one of the position games was with the AFCW. It was AFCE1 at ACFW1 (NE at Den.). This year, one of the position games is also with the AFCW. You would expect to alternate, putting ACFW1 at AFCE1, but it doesn't, so for the second year in a row, it's NE @ Den. This is not an anti-Patriots thing--the NFL has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember, but it makes no sense.

It's a 3 year thing if I remember. Next year, Pats would go to the West winner. Then it swaps back I believe. I dunno I'm probably wrong lol.

Next year, the Patriots will play every team in the AFCW, so the game against Denver won't be a "position" game. The last time we played the AFCW was in 2014, and Denver played @ NE, so in 2017, it will be NE @ Den. For the third year in a row.

This is nothing new, but there is something fundamentally wrong about the way the NFL schedules are made out. Each year, there are two "position" games, i.e., games against the team with the corresponding record in the two divisions in the AFC that aren't on the schedule. Last year, one of the position games was with the AFCW. It was AFCE1 at ACFW1 (NE at Den.). This year, one of the position games is also with the AFCW. You would expect to alternate, putting ACFW1 at AFCE1, but it doesn't, so for the second year in a row, it's NE @ Den. This is not an anti-Patriots thing--the NFL has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember, but it makes no sense.
I've looked at it. There's mathematically no way that that can be avoided for all 16 teams within a conference.

(You could theoretically eliminate it for one single division, but that totally screws over the other divisions)

Last edited:
The o-line still needs work. In 2014 it did enough to win the SB, but any other QB would have been mauled. Brady has been a pineta at times for the past few seasons.

Again. It's asinine to think the OL that ended the season is going to be the one that starts 2016. They should all be healthy. Vollmer won't be playing LT. Cannon won't be at RT. Scar will have had a full pre-season with them. Which should be immense for Stork, Mason, Jackson and Cooper.

And 2014 proves you don't need a Cowboys like line. Hell even with the terrible OL play in Denver they were a missed XP away from winning that game.

Again. It's asinine to think the OL that ended the season is going to be the one that starts 2016. They should all be healthy. Vollmer won't be playing LT. Cannon won't be at RT. Scar will have had a full pre-season with them. Which should be immense for Stork, Mason, Jackson and Cooper.

And 2014 proves you don't need a Cowboys like line. Hell even with the terrible OL play in Denver they were a missed XP away from winning that game.

i agree the line should play better with Scar and solder returning at LT as well as improvement from stork, mason, jackson and cooper. but the o-line has to play better than 2014. brady is 2 years older now and he's only human. the body can only take so much of a beating.

I've looked at it. There's mathematically no way that that can be avoided for all 16 teams within a conference.

(You could theoretically eliminate it for one single division, but that totally screw over the other divisions)
The 'position' game system I think also generally doesn't work out as weirdly as it has for Pats-DEN (and Pats-IND before that if I recall). In most other cases the positions of each team have fluctuated more frequently than for NE. It's a flaw, but an understandable one that without NE refusing to go along with the parity system, would remain largely unexposed.

Well you know these celebrity types... they're desperate, insecure people.

It's all about me, me, me. Please, look at me! I am so pretty! Love me! Want me! Shower me with kisses!

The 'position' game system I think also generally doesn't work out as weirdly as it has for Pats-DEN (and Pats-IND before that if I recall). In most other cases the positions of each team have fluctuated more frequently than for NE. It's a flaw, but an understandable one that without NE refusing to go along with the parity system, would remain largely unexposed.
That's exactly it. Most other teams jump around from 2nd, 3rd, 4th but the Patriots are a consistent 1st place so they play the other consistent 1st place teams which was Indy for a while and now Denver. The Patriots are the only ones in the AFCE playing the same "position" opponent in the AFCW this year:

2015:
1st - Patriots at Broncos
2nd - Bills at Chargers
3rd - Dolphins at Chiefs
4th - Jets at Raiders

2016:
1st - Patriots at Broncos
2nd - Jets at Chiefs
3rd - Bills at Raiders
4th - Dolphins at Chargers

I don't agree that it's understandable. For two years in a row (2015-2016), one of the "position" games is AFCE1 at AFCW1. For 2014 and 2015, one of the "position" games was AFCN1 at AFCE1 (Cin @ NE in 2014 and Pit @ NE in 2015). Equally unfair. There is no reason why these couldn't be alternated, so that the position games are home and away, rather than home/home or away/away. It would not require any other change and would be more equitable.

I don't agree that it's understandable. For two years in a row (2015-2016), one of the "position" games is AFCE1 at AFCW1. For 2014 and 2015, one of the "position" games was AFCN1 at AFCE1 (Cin @ NE in 2014 and Pit @ NE in 2015). Equally unfair. There is no reason why these couldn't be alternated, so that the position games are home and away, rather than home/home or away/away. It would not require any other change and would be more equitable.
But it would necessitate other changes because not all of the 3 years worth of NE-DEN games are 'position' games. One of the years is a AFCE vs. AFCW full division slate in the rotation of interconference division matchups. If you flop the games as you are proposing, it would necessitate changes in other 'position' matchups so each team has one home and one road game. The only reason it gets noticed is because AFCE1 and AFCW1 have been the same team the whole time.

DEN played @ NE from 2012-2014 for exactly this reason.

Adding: I get what you are saying, and it is especially palpable in this instance due to the travel involved (as opposed to a road game in, say, Baltimore) but because this is the one part of the 16-game schedule that is truly unbalanced I don't believe the math works out the way you are arguing, if you analyze the whole league in addition to any individual team's schedule.

Last edited:
Here are the position games for the AFC East for 6 years. Construct them in such a way that you do not have 2 consecutive home or 2 consecutive away games with one division.

2014: North, South
2015: North, West
2016: South, West
2017: North, South
2018: North, West
2019: South, West

Man... that schedule is ****ing brutal!!!

The only 2 "easy" games are the Browns and 49ers... but that San Fran game is on the road out west, then we have a short week for a saturday game on the road against the Jets..

The only silver lining in that schedule is the week 9 bye

That is a not a tough schedule. The two toughest games are the opener at Arizona and the Steelers on the road after the Bengals at home. Seattle at home after the bye is terrific. That five-game stretch to end the season should be a 5-0 dash to the playoffs barring major injury problems.

That is a not a tough schedule. The two toughest games are the opener at Arizona and the Steelers on the road after the Bengals at home. Seattle at home after the bye is terrific. That five-game stretch to end the season should be a 5-0 dash to the playoffs barring major injury problems.
Before they released the schedule, I thought the opponents make this one of the toughest schedules the team has seen in a while so I was thinking 11-5. After yesterday, I like how the tough games are spread out and the bye placement so I'm now thinking 12-4. 2014 schedule was tough and I think it ended up helping the Pats prepare for playoffs so I hope the same happens this year. As far as the last 5 games go, I wish I was as confident as you and I hope you are right!

@miami- the pats haven't won in Miami since 2012

Jets- I think last 4 or 5 games have been 1 possession games and at least 3 of them have come down to the last play

Ravens- seem to always play patriots tough

@denver- Brady is 2-7 and one of the wins was vs a Tebow led team

I do think this pats roster is super stacked and one of the best BB/Brady have ever had. I've been saying I think this year is the most talent Brady will have around him for the rest of his career. Just thinking about the additions in the offseason makes me wish the season starts tomorrow. I'm pumped about the season ticket holder pre-draft party Sunday. Always one of my favorite events of the offseason and just happy to be back at my favorite place on earth. However, I will not watch the draft on TV!!! Go pats!!!!

Last edited:
Week 1 @ ARZ Win 34-27
Week 2 MIA Win 37-17
Week 3 @ HOU Win 31-17
Week 4 BUF Win 38-20
Week 5 @ CLE Win 52-13
Week 6 CIN Win 30-21
Week 7 @ PIT Win 45-34
Week 8 @ BUF Win 31-27
Week 9 Bye
Week 10 SEA Win 30-24
Week 11 @ SF Win 49-21
Week 12 @ NYJ Win 27-24
Week 13 LA Win 34-13
Week 14 BAL Win 41-20
Week 15 @ DEN Win 34-14
Week 16 NYJ Win 38-24
Week 17 @ MIA Win 34-17

So if the worst happens on the legal front, Brady's going to miss @ARI, MIA, HOU, BUF. So 37.5% of the home games. Though I think Jimmy G will be able to pull out one of those games. And at least the ARI game is out-of-conference and HOU is out-of-division.

The defense will have a lot to say about the outcome of those games if Brady doesn't play. The Cardinals are the only possible mismatch among those four for the Patriots without TFB. Carson Palmer has the weapons to make this a shootout played in the high 20s or 30s.

The Pats are loaded with weapons and Garopollo could win that one if he doesn't turn the ball over and gets it to Lewis, Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Washington, Blount, Develin, and Bolden. Josh has to put in a game plan that works to Garopollo's strengths.

It would also be nice if the offensive line blocks somebody.

Seems to me he was getting drilled quite a lot. Like a lot of games.

That was the game where Brady was throwing passes into the ground and getting hit constantly because the Bills were coming in untouched. Brady was openly upset with the OL on the sideline. They were also terrible on 3rd down. Without a Leodis McKelvin fumble down in the red zone and a good game from Amendola the Pats could have easily lost that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back