PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Full Patriots 2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he tries to have another farewell tour next year, I'm going to puke. We need to put an end to this attention whoring. Can't see Brady ever pulling something like that or any Patriot for that matter.

Well you know these celebrity types... they're desperate, insecure people.

It's all about me, me, me. Please, look at me! I am so pretty! Love me! Want me! Shower me with kisses!

If Brady is suspended I could realistically see an 1-3, 0-4 start. I know that isn't popular but do you expect Jimmy G to stare down the Cardinals D-line? Houston with Watt and Clowney? How about Buffalo who destroyed TB himself in the second meeting? Then we have the Dolphins who don't exactly have shrimps on the D-line.

You must have a different recollection of the 2nd Bills game than everyone else.. TB wasn't "destroyed" by the Bills in the 2nd meeting last year. Brady took 1 sack, total. And that was with a depleted O-line and no Edelman. It was also the game with the erroneously blown whistle because of Rex Ryan running at the Side Judge..

Umm, it did? Not that it helped.
Yeah...you're right...I guess that shows how much I'm still in denial about that game...if only Peyton, who loves the snow :rolleyes: , had been at QB...gotta get over it...gotta get over it...gotta get over it...

God damnit. Why do they have to make the Ravens games primetime games? I get all charged up after those and can't sleep at night. Same thing with the Seattle game. Why can't that be a 4:25 affair?

As for the schedule itself, it's not bad. I like the Week 9 Bye this year. That Sunday night game against Arizona in Week 1 should be very entertaining.
Uh huh...if by "entertaining," you mean "excruciating and nerve wracking."

4 of 5 on the road with SEA being the home game...that's rough

But they don't travel for 19 days in between the 4 road games and Buffalo is practically a home game given that Brady is 13-2 there.

So if the worst happens on the legal front, Brady's going to miss @ARI, MIA, HOU, BUF. So 37.5% of the home games. Though I think Jimmy G will be able to pull out one of those games. And at least the ARI game is out-of-conference and HOU is out-of-division.
If we were in a bar, I'd bet you a few bucks that they would win two of those games with Jimmy G. Of course, I'd expect some odds, but I'd put my money on the table (or the bar, whatever)...

This is nothing new, but there is something fundamentally wrong about the way the NFL schedules are made out. Each year, there are two "position" games, i.e., games against the team with the corresponding record in the two divisions in the AFC that aren't on the schedule. Last year, one of the position games was with the AFCW. It was AFCE1 at ACFW1 (NE at Den.). This year, one of the position games is also with the AFCW. You would expect to alternate, putting ACFW1 at AFCE1, but it doesn't, so for the second year in a row, it's NE @ Den. This is not an anti-Patriots thing--the NFL has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember, but it makes no sense.

You must have a different recollection of the 2nd Bills game than everyone else.. TB wasn't "destroyed" by the Bills in the 2nd meeting last year. Brady took 1 sack, total. And that was with a depleted O-line and no Edelman. It was also the game with the erroneously blown whistle because of Rex Ryan running at the Side Judge..

Seems to me he was getting drilled quite a lot. Like a lot of games.

But they don't travel for 19 days in between the 4 road games and Buffalo is practically a home game given that Brady is 13-2 there.
Yeah, given the ninth week Bye, I think the schedule is about as good as we could have hoped, except for the SEA, @SFO, @Jets (coming off their own Bye) stretch...if we win all three of those games, I'd book a ticket for Houston in February.

This is nothing new, but there is something fundamentally wrong about the way the NFL schedules are made out. Each year, there are two "position" games, i.e., games against the team with the corresponding record in the two divisions in the AFC that aren't on the schedule. Last year, one of the position games was with the AFCW. It was AFCE1 at ACFW1 (NE at Den.). This year, one of the position games is also with the AFCW. You would expect to alternate, putting ACFW1 at AFCE1, but it doesn't, so for the second year in a row, it's NE @ Den. This is not an anti-Patriots thing--the NFL has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember, but it makes no sense.

It's a 3 year thing if I remember. Next year, Pats would go to the West winner. Then it swaps back I believe. I dunno I'm probably wrong lol.

Seems to me he was getting drilled quite a lot. Like a lot of games.

That's because he was. That was the game where it became apparent that the OL was going to be an issue. He took some hellacious shots in that game.

It's hilarious how the doom and gloomers look to that game. But completely ignore the game in Buffalo that had a healthy OL (outside of Stork) and Edelman and Lewis and there was no #2 TE like Bennett.

Brady dropped back 61 times and was hit only 7 times.

I think we lose the following games and one other AFC East game. Its just a way too early prediction based on nothing.
Week 1- @ Arizona SNF
Week 7- @ Pittsburgh (4:25)
Week 10- Seattle SNF
Week 15- @ Denver (4:25)
So basically the Patriots are going to lose to all the teams who project to be really good and contenders this season, huh? Sorry, this team was 12-4 after losing almost all of their best players at random points last season. I have to give them some more benefit of the doubt. Of course, based on nothing, as you've said.

Way too early to be predicting. For now, I'm with Deus, somewhere between 10 and 14 wins with a healthy Brady and a functioning OL.

It's hilarious how the doom and gloomers look to that game. But completely ignore the game in Buffalo that had a healthy OL (outside of Stork) and Edelman and Lewis and there was no #2 TE like Bennett.

Brady dropped back 61 times and was hit only 7 times.

Who is completely ignoring that game? The Pats team that ended the season last year was clearly not the team from the first Bills contest. The OL was banged up, Solder was gone, they had zero running game, and Edelman was out. That game was where it became apparent that the OL was going to have issues going through the rest of the season and the season ended with Brady getting pasted time after time and bloodied in Denver.

I know this is a Pats fan website, but I'm curious...

how many Red Sox fans here are going to watch Ortiz's last regular season game over the Bills game? Especially if (hopefully not) there are no postseason hopes for the Red Sox and it is his last game ever
Can he protect the Passer?

This is basically what Eric Davis said on NFLN just a little while ago. I think they can win all those games.
I definitely don't think we lose to both Denver and Seattle. The Seattle game is at home, and Denver currently has the Sanchize at QB. We pull one of those off, lose to the Jets once instead of the Bills, 12-4.

If we were in a bar, I'd bet you a few bucks that they would win two of those games with Jimmy G. Of course, I'd expect some odds, but I'd put my money on the table (or the bar, whatever)...
I think we would beat Miami at home, and I think we can pull off the win against one of Houston or Buffalo at home as well. Yup, 2-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes