Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fulfillment of Bible Prophesy in Today's News

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Oct 7, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

I remember a rumor that crculated among some Christians 20+ years ago that the rapture would occur on Easter morning based on their interpratation of biblical prophrecy. Easter came and went 20+ years ago and we're all still here.

Hal Lindsey wrote best sellers about the world ending many years ago, eh is still here and still hustling the same old stuff.

3. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yes, world events have nothing to do with politics. ???????

If you actually took in any of the information, which there is a ton, you would see that we are not talking about some loon saying the world is coming to an end on December 31,2000. This is very detailed and thorough information with specific scripture followed by much historical background and factual occurances.

And I do not believe Hal Lindsay ever gave a specific date of when this would occur or that would occur nor does the Bible. But only that this is the generation and these are signs, and a great deal centers around changes in the world during the year 1948. (Israel restored, communication advances,treaties signed etc). God wanted us to be ready to receive Him at any time because He is God and we should do it because it is the truth, not just as a way to save ourselves for ourselves as would probably be the case if a specific time was given.

Take some time and do some reading before dismissing.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

I'm not sure if you've noticed you have not generated much discussion, only ridicule for yourself. I do not understand your mission, but most of us here seem to have made up our minds about religion and salvation.. which most of us view as personal. You are just clogging up this board and inviting ridicule, unless you have some type of perverse need or are a masochist, I would think about what you post you seem to have generated more interest in the general talk forum.

5. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

hardly. the purpose isnt to be popular, its to talk truth. negative responses from 3 or 4 or 14 posters doesnt tell begin to tell who is reading and receiving.

Truth is never received warmly. Our Lord was crucified.

the idea isnt to get the most people to reply in a post, its to get the most people to see it. And that is being more accomplished here. World events and deciding who is the ruler of our lives is a more political topic than the sexploits of a congressman.

And if the measure of a thread is not being ridiculed, then by the tone of most of the posters on this website toward each other, just about every thread ive seen should be deleted.

Harry Boy once had some very good advice. If you aint getting someone to say ---------, then you aint doing a very good job of posting. While the language might not have been ideal ( and i have been guilty of that myself), the message in an odd sort of way was very encouraging.

Have a blessed day.

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sometimes, when you are told something, it means just that without any hidden meaning.
    For eaxample, when I say that:
    You are a Christian fanatic whose sole purpose is to create a forum for Christian proselytizing and you are making a fool out of yourself, I mean just that.

7. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll give you this. You are the first poster to give an example of scriptural reasoning not to believe. And I applaud you for it. Of course, there still is the hostility surrrounding it.
    Why? Why was that so hard? When it comes to every other topic under the sun its just great to banter back one idea or another. Even bashing Religion is great fodder for conversation.
    But bring up Jesus and everybody loses their minds. Interesting.

Thanks for the post.

8. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i think my drink went up my nose from laughing when you said your wife was an Evangelical Christian. Didnt you call it a "scum religion" in an earlier thread? Must not be boring at your house. :)

its funny, but people on the General forum said it should go on the Political board. My question again is this, how come when its a negative attack on any religious group, that is freely expressed on the political board and nobody ever complains?

As far as my reaction, I have never ever not welcomed counter point discussion. And contrary to what has been said about me, I have welcomed people of other faith to present any positive thing they wanted. But what has actually happened is that I present things, and people who dont agree with me throw a nutty and rip into me instead of having a dialogue about WHY they believe differently, just that they are offended that I even had the nerve to bring up the name Jesus. They instead attack me, Christianity, religion, and sometimes even Jesus himself, which I find to be intellectual laziness. If you dont agree, fine, dont agree. But it would be nice to
    A) Not to assume you are under full scale attack and that the police are about to knock down your door.
    B) Offer some intelligent reasons why you feel differently, other than "Its private", "how dare you", "Religion has caused all the worlds problems"

And I dare say, NEM, your post was refreshing in that it did offer a counter point. A very good one at that.

as far as that post, my comment would be that for every 20 prophesies that havent had clear fulfillment, there are about 300 that have. And to be honest, I probably dont have the debating skills to have an answer for each one you brought up. But I shall certainly bring them up with someone who has been through enough Bible training. Im no Pastor, just an ordinary guy who been Saved by Jesus. Debating isnt my specialty, and Faith also includes a measure of believing in things that arent seen.

But again, nice post. And im dying to hear about how this works for you and the Mrs. :)

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"Thump thump...."

"Whos there?"

"Zealot"

"Zealot who?"

"Zealot of fundie fruitcakes coming out of the woodwork"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  10. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I still want to hear about you and your Evangelical Christian wife. As Fred Gwynn said in "My Cousin Vinny", "I can certainly understand where the hostility comes from" :) She probably witnesses to you all the time, convicting your heart. Must drive you nuts. Then you come here...

Hey, I was there. My wife, bless her heart, was a Christian long before me, and once that Holy Spirit is unleashed on you, it seems you cant get away from it. It really ticked me off. Id find a chiropractor, then get there and they'd have Christian music on. I ended up having about 1,000 different people from 3 different churches in 2 different states praying for me. I sought refuge in the only Reform Temple in the Florence,SC area and dove into my Judaism like never before, and I really liked it. But the more I resisted, the more I felt that tug from the Lord. Finally, one day, for no reason, I was walking in the Magnolia Mall in Florence,SC, when I had this stunning, powerful, realization come over me. I believed in Jesus Christ. I sat down, and still requiring one last sign I reached to Jesus. I told Him I was ready to receive Him, but I just needed a clear sign that this was real.
    And that if I was given one at that moment I would be His forever. Because this time, I said, I was ready. I got up and went to mens room, and there on the sink, was a huge pamplet sitting up there, "Are You Ready?" I had a good chuckle with the Lord over that. I took the pamphlet, went out and sat down in the mall again and said the prayer. And nothing has been the same since.

Much of belief is about what is understood, what is seen. But much of it is what cannot be seen, what cannot be understood, what is only in your heart. The Bible says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding"

I share this not to tell somebody else what they have is right or wrong, but to share my testimony of what I know to be true. That Jesus Christ is my never failing Lord and Savior. And there is no intellectual explanation why that was not true on March 27, 2005 but it was on March 28,2005.

Everyone have a blessed day today.

11. 3 to be 4

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Marisa Tomei stole the movie. "Yeah, and YOU blend"