PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FTR, just to be fair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the SITUATION isn't fair, not Ian. Ian is being perfectly fair. If he decides, knowing ALL the facts, that NEM still deserves to be banned, then so be it. THAT'S fair.

You are randomly taking this personally on behalf of Ian. Ian's a big boy - and a good deal smarter than you, as I'm quite certain he will realize the difference between a situation not being fair and a PERSON not being fair. I'm sorry you have been unable to understand my perfectly clear point.

You're not new to this forum so I'm curious as to what you expect out of this post? The immature clowns who poked at NEM for weeks after his pointless apology aren't going to acknowledge their immaturity. Not after their behaviour was rewarded with the outcome they wanted. While it's sad that there are people like them in this world - there's nothing that you or I can do to change that fact. It's too bad that NEM never recognised this and it ultimately led to his expulsion.

You're stepping into NEM's role quite nicely. (golf clap)

Last edited:
Right, the SITUATION isn't fair, not Ian. Ian is being perfectly fair. If he decides, knowing ALL the facts, that NEM still deserves to be banned, then so be it. THAT'S fair.

You are randomly taking this personally on behalf of Ian. Ian's a big boy - and a good deal smarter than you, as I'm quite certain he will realize the difference between a situation not being fair and a PERSON not being fair. I'm sorry you have been unable to understand my perfectly clear point.

Yes, attacking people's intelligence is a good way to avoid flame wars. Sheer genius.....:rolleyes:

Bottom line: NEM's neighbor said NEM had posted under his account. Unless you have evidence that the neighbor was lying, delusional or just mistaken, your post is nothing but a public complaint that should have been made to Ian via pm. I agree that people tried to egg NEM on once he was banished, and I called one of them out for it. That doesn't justify NEM's actions, nor does it excuse them.

Last edited:
Patsox23, if NEM just would of stayed in the political forum ... Ian probably would of let him back in the fold by kickoff. But when NEM admitted he snuck in the football forum and posted, Ian really had no choice.

I don't think Patsox's intention was to ever slight Ian. The OP struck me as someone trying to get across all the facts to everyone on the boards, not just Ian. You make it sound like his post was "Ian was wrong make him change!", he was just trying to present all the facts. Whether or not he did a good job of that is another issue, but I'm not seeing this huge disrespect. When he says "to be fair", he's saying that the general opinion of the NEM situation hasn't been altogether complete. You're the one who brings in all the Ian stuff.

I liked the post Patsox, though I don't agree that NEM shouldn't have been banned, if that is what you were saying (sorry if it's not).

Thanks, CFT. It's buoying to hear that people can take the thread in the way it was intended AND disagree in a way that is both respectful and productive. I really sincerely appreciate the sanity you've brought to the thread.

and to think, he's just a Rams fan who thinks Bulger is better than Brady. :rofl:

There's absolutely some sort of obsession with Bulger there. I imagine the walls of his home covered with Marc Bulger FatHeads. I was going to link to a Marc Bulger FatHead, turns out, Bulger is so good they don't even make one. Only Tory Holt.

I'll say this for NEM, there was a certain entertainment value there. This guy just keeps repeating the same thing, Brady's in decline, then says he didn't say that.

Last edited:
Yes, attacking people's intelligence is a good way to avoid flame wars.

You're right, I shouldn't have done that. But eventually, Digger's attitude and insistence on short-sightedness can wear you down. I shouldn't have stooped to that level. Your entire post was fair, thanks for weighing in.

You make a fair point. I don't know what I expect. Appealing to people's better angels doesn't often work, especially with people who were being immature and disingenuous jerks to begin with. I guess I just wanted to try and appeal to people, anyway. To maybe give a fresh perspective. I figured it couldn't hurt to at least try to plead the guy's case. I think he deserves it. And I know some of the stuff he's dealing with, family wise, right now, and I feel really badly for him.

Well, I guess by now you have probably recognised the futility of your attempt - no matter how well intentioned, as posts such as Digger's illustrate. You just cannot change the nature of people who are intolerant, immature and who pretend to lack command of the English language in order to perpetuate falsehoods. It's ironic that they didn't think it was "disrespectful" when THEY were whining about how Ian allowing NEM continued access to the board was making the board go to ruin and demanding that Ian do something about it. I even recall one describing Ian as a "slum landlord". No disrespect in that term, whatsoever :rolleyes: However, once Ian does something that they DO agree with, then anyone who voices a different opinion is "disrespectful" :rolleyes:

For what it's worth - I agree with you. However, Ian is the owner and it's only his opinion as to what is fair which matters. This might be a good break for NEM if he really has health and family problems. There are several in here who wouldn't have any problem with knowing that they caused him to go over the edge so this could actually work out for the best for him.

Well, I guess by now you have probably recognised the futility of your attempt - no matter how well intentioned, as posts such as Digger's illustrate. You just cannot change the nature of people who are intolerant, immature and who pretend to lack command of the English language in order to perpetuate falsehoods. It's ironic that they didn't think it was "disrespectful" when THEY were whining about how Ian allowing NEM continued access to the board was making the board go to ruin and demanding that Ian do something about it. I even recall one describing Ian as a "slum landlord". No disrespect in that term, whatsoever :rolleyes: However, once Ian does something that they DO agree with, then anyone who voices a different opinion is "disrespectful" :rolleyes:

For what it's worth - I agree with you. However, Ian is the owner and it's only his opinion as to what is fair which matters. This might be a good break for NEM if he really has health and family problems. There are several in here who wouldn't have any problem with knowing that they caused him to go over the edge so this could actually work out for the best for him.

are you british? Because only the English would spell it "recognised."

are you british? Because only the English would spell it "recognised."

Maybe his PC auto-spells it with an s. We English have to put up with Microsoft trying to spell everything with a z :( . It would be quintessential Microsoft if Americans had the reverse problem

Do people honestly believe I have been "calling Ian out?" Are you just trying to stir up *****? This is a ridiculous charge that you continue to make.

I sure don't think you're calling him out. What it seems like to me is you're sticking up for a guy you liked. An admirable trait IMO given the circumstances and NEMs history here.

Last edited:
Sir Marc Bulger? He's the Queen's cousin, don't you know?

Well in that case, God bless Marc Bulger. I've always been an anglophile anyway. Maybe Bulger really is better than Brady.

Well in that case, God bless Marc Bulger. I've always been an anglophile anyway. Maybe Bulger really is better than Brady.

I hear he's better than Brady at cricket.

Thanks, CFT. It's buoying to hear that people can take the thread in the way it was intended AND disagree in a way that is both respectful and productive. I really sincerely appreciate the sanity you've brought to the thread.

i agree with cft.. i have no problem with patsox post. i think diggers got it all wrong. but after reading posts for 2 years, ive come to the conclusion that alot of people on here just like to stir things up. i dont personally mind it, its entertaining. so i guess the time had finally come, to join in. btw, 1996..what are you thinking when you say brady is declining??:confused:
we'll save that for another day.

I like NEM, his passion and knowledge of the game is absolutely great. I am, however sick of his negative name calling posts. Time and time again tried to tell him he was being baited, he would acknowledge it and then fall into the same old trap. He talked the talk, but never walked the walk.

OTOH in one of his last posts he claimed that he lost his DSL connection, I guess for nonpayment, and now had to use a public computer in the library. If this post is true how is this consistent with the neighbor used my computer argument?? I dunno, sounds fishy to me.

For the record, NEM did not try to log on under a different name. NEM stuck to the rule that Ian set - he stayed exclusively in the political forum. His next-door-neighbor logged in from his computer, set up his own account and was looking/posting in the Patsfans Forum.
Let me guess . . . the dog ate your homework last night too . . . :D

PF, thanks for the perspective. I too hope it works out as best as possible for NEM. And as for the hypocrites who continually try to bully people around here - not at all in just this case - it's good to know there are others here who recognize Neanderthal when they read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes