PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From worst to first -- Who is it this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So every year since realignment, a team that finished last in the division finished first the next year (last year was New Orleans Saints). Who's got the best chance to do it this year?

Bills
Browns
Jaguars
Chiefs
Redskins
Lions
Bucs
Rams

Damn there were a lot of bad teams last year. May sound crazy but I think the Browns have a pretty decent shot. They finished strong last year.

If this occurs this year as well it's going to be the Redskins and it is not even close when looking at the other teams in terms of chances to win their respective division.

You have Shanahan and McNabb taking over that team that already has talent...it's just what the doctor ordered IMO

I think the Rams could win their division with an 8-8 record. They could get 4-5 of those wins just in their division.

Chiefs win their division. I like the Browns, but EITHER the Steelers or Ravens will just beat them out.

I think the streak ends this year, I don't see any of them winning their division. If I had to pick though, I'd say the Chiefs since I think the Chargers are overrated.

I'm with drew4008, I'm going with 'none of the above' and say the streak ends this year. If I had to pick one I guess it would be the Rams just because of the division they are in, followed by the Browns and Redskins. Bucs, Lions, Jaguars and Bills have no shot in their divisions.

If somehow Green Bay stumble, Lions could do it, they won't but could.

I think the Rams are in the best division for it!

I hope it is the Lions. I have no faith in that though. In fact I have no faith in the Lions even going 8-8 this year. :/

The streak ends, but the team with the best record out of them I have as the Lions going 8-8.

Chiefs. Same GM that was responisible for the 2000-2001 turnaround.

This is tempered by the loss of Avery, but those Rams sure looked good in preseason week #3. That division is a shambles.

Chiefs. Same GM that was responisible for the 2000-2001 turnaround.

I think you are onto something....I am too lazy to look at the last 10 'worst to first' teams but I would expect one of the common denominators to be coaching / GM . Much more so than one player drafted /FA 'savior' that turns the franchaise around. Even our savior - TFB had a good coach, OC and O-line that generally kept him upright. God forbid if the young Tom was thrown behind a woeful Oline like most other rookie QB's (David Carr, Harrington, etc.). People tend to overlook that Mark Sanchez was lucky to play behind a very good Oline. Anyway, I am digressing....

So going with my premise that a shakeup of coaching / GM is partly responsible for most one year turnarounds.....I will go with Redskins. Tough division but then again that means no one team will sweep all the intra-division games. Which should keep the overall win totals low as many will split their series. KC would be my next choice due to a weak division and SD always seems to underperform to the level of their talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back