PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From Vic's pen to God's ears.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my corn flakes every morning.

I just think he is part of the ESPN Hype machine. He has had many injuries in college and I just don't think he is a good for us. I think Harris is a better fit. JMO.

Nah, Harris is a better fit at SILB, and Willis is a better fit at WILB. Willis has had some injuries but they were simular to the type of injuries all LB's suffer at some point. Willis also played through his injuries which is something I like, because it shows how tough he is. He hasn't had any knee injuries, or head injuries, and those are the ones you look out for most.

All of Willis' injuries came in 2005, and as I said he played thru them:

"2005: Suffered a broken middle finger on his right hand, missing the second half of the Vanderbilt (Sept. 17) game, and sat out the following week against Wyoming (Sept. 24). Was forced to wear a cast on his hand to protect the injury the rest of the year … Suffered a partial AC joint right shoulder separation against The Citadel, but did not miss any game action … Broke a bone in his right foot against Arkansas (Nov. 12), but still played in the team's final two games against Louisiana State (Nov. 19) and Mississippi State (Nov. 26)."

Also if you are going to talk about Willis' injury report and it being a concern than maybe you should think about Harris....

"2003: Suffered a right knee anterior cruciate ligament tear against Houston (Sept. 6) that required surgery, missing the rest of the season.

2004: Injured his knee vs. Iowa (Sept. 29), sitting out the next five games against Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue and Michigan State.

2005: Held out of the season opener against Northern Illinois (Sept. 3) after suffering a high ankle sprain in August camp.
"

Oh, and Harris played at 239lbs, so I still don't understand why people think Willis is undersized, especially since I don't see anyone throwing the term at Harris.

Last edited:
Other LB's I like that most don't is Poz from Penn State and Siler from Florida. Again JMO

Also I think with the bills and 49ers enarmored with Willis I don't see Willis falling at 24.

I don't think he is bad. I think he is over-rated.

It is getting to the point where I cant even read these homer mocks anymore.

It is stomach knotting. :eek: :mad:

How ANYONE can Mock Willis @ 1.24, and Reggie Nelson @ 1.28 (at this point) is just beyond me. I dont understand it.

Living in the south I have seen Willis play a lot and HE MAKES PLAYS.
Some stat's don't mattter. The man is always around the ball.

To compare this...........
If you put Larry Bird at a combine with his speed,ect; he would not have been a first round pick. There are intangibles that can't be measured imo.

Ugly draft. You guys are scaring me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back