PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From the Vids: Whose Run Style Does LoMo Resemble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say: Curtis Martin - -similar build, shifty for that size, great speed, does notseem to initiate contact (therefore, a nice complement to Dillon?), likes to hit the homeruns vs. the tough short yardage situations.

I definitely wouldn't have thought of CuMar.

Edgerrin James has been the standard comparison. I think it's a pretty good comparison.

It depends.
Some say Edge others say Martin.

Lets just let Maroney play like he wants to play.

Last edited:
A faster Eddie George.

PonyExpress said:
Carnell Williams
Caddy hasnt even had enough time to have his own running style defined. Give him another year or two.

Cross b/w Clinton Portis and Tatum Bell

SeanBruschi54 said:
Caddy hasnt even had enough time to have his own running style defined. Give him another year or two.
His college running style.

I wouldn't say Martin because even though he is a future HOF he is not a home run hitter and doesn't have break away speed. It is too early to reall tell but I'd say a cross between James and Portis. James isn't a speedster either but Portis is.

I think his running style is VERY similar to Portis. Except Maroney seems to have more acceleration once he spots the hole.

I think Edgerrin James is the best comparison. He looks just like Edge in uniform when he is running. Similar patient style, similar acceleration when he makes his cut, similar ability to maintain good balance when hit.

Looks like a slightly bigger Portis & slightly smaller Edge.

I personally think he will be a great complement to Dillon. Would love to see Maroney emerge as the starter in 07, Dillon take a paycut to stay on board as the backup/short yardage back.

I think its an ideal scenario for Dillon to have a young back come in for 3.5 quarters and touch the ball 25 times, then bring in a fresh Dillon to run out the clock.

Red Grange (with a tan)

JoeSixPat said:
Red Grange (with a tan)
Wow, going WAY back I see. Don't tihnk many on here can relate to that one unless they watch a helluva lot of retro gametape.

drew4008 said:
A faster Eddie George.

BINGO!!

He doesn't remind me of CMartin at all for some reason. Curtis is more patient, Maroney is more explosive. They both seem instinctive.

How about Eric ****erson?

drew4008 said:
Wow, going WAY back I see. Don't tihnk many on here can relate to that one unless they watch a helluva lot of retro gametape.

Hey, one can always hope, can't they?

One of my favorite stories is when Chris Berman was talking about interviewing George Halas.

"I was interviewing George Halas and I asked him who is the greatest running back you ever saw. And he said, 'That would be Red Grange.'

And I asked him if Grange was playing today, how many yards do you think he'd gain. And he said, 'About 750, maybe 800 yards.'

And I said, 'Well, 800 yards is just okay.' He sat up in his chair and he said, 'Son, you must remember one thing. Red Grange is 75 years old.'"

D-cleater said:
BINGO!!

He doesn't remind me of CMartin at all for some reason. Curtis is more patient, Maroney is more explosive. They both seem instinctive.

How about Eric ****erson?

I think Curtis has BECOME more patient over time. When he was here he hit the hole FAST. As time has worn on Curtis has adapted his style to fit his skills... that's what smart players do, if they can.

If he can add bulk then I could see him developing into something similar to a Shawn Alexander.

bakes781 said:
If he can add bulk then I could see him developing into something similar to a Shawn Alexander.

With some bulk, that's who he would remind me of....good call.

With a little more bulk, he isn't Shaun Alexander, who's more of a rumbling train, but a Terrell Davis, a guy capable of moving a few people but is more shifty and great at making quick cuts.

Right now, I'd say he reminds me of Portis without the world class speed. I think they beef him up and he becomes Davis, though. I wouldn't mind that, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back