PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From the USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."Based on rumors and confirmed discussions between free agent Ty Law and Patriots coach Bill Belichick, one thing that could happen is the Pro Bowl cornerback's return to New England. While still a long shot, it's a return Wilson would welcome with open arms..."

Comment: Law's return could have shorter odds than we had of the Rocket returning to the Bosox.

Who knows what the odds are...it may happen..it may not..

Ty Law......didn't I hear several EXPERTS claim that Law coming to the Pats was pretty much a done deal. Where are these EXPERTS now ?

I don't understand what Ty and his agents are doing. Is his situation getting better by waiting? Is his foot not really heeled? Is he planning to wait until some team is decimated by injury and are forced to sign him at an outrageous sum?

Think he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by sitting back, staying in shape and waiting. How many TC casualties heading to IR will there be around the league? Any contender who loses a key DB would pay dearly......

bosfan said:
Think he has nothing to lose and everything to gain by sitting back, staying in shape and waiting. How many TC casualties heading to IR will there be around the league? Any contender who loses a key DB would pay dearly......
The only drawback with that thinking is that most teams will have spent to the cap (less emergency money for league minimum street FAs). Ty is flirting with three teams who still have plenty to spend, my guess is he'll take KC's offer so he can get another massage from Herm.

Box_O_Rocks said:
The only drawback with that thinking is that most teams will have spent to the cap (less emergency money for league minimum street FAs). Ty is flirting with three teams who still have plenty to spend, my guess is he'll take KC's offer so he can get another massage from Herm.

This was my take too. The money offered will be similar, But Herm will let him play the way he wants, and BB will expect him to fit the system, i.e., more zone than man-to-man, minmize penalties, etc. I'll be surprised if he comes back.

Also, we have another guy competing for that extra cap money, Mr. Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes