Welcome to PatsFans.com

From the state that decided the last election ...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

Yeah, we can trust that the Ohio Republican Party did not tamper with the last election. Sure, they're real honest Republicans out there. A nice clean party operation. A model for the White House.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/06/28/national/a123445D51.DTL&type=politics

In a scandal that has shaken the state's Republican-dominated government, four Ohio politicians pleaded no contest Wednesday to ethics violations.

Lucas County Commissioner Maggie Thurber, Toledo City Councilwoman Betty Shultz, former Toledo Mayor Donna Owens and former state Rep. Sally Perz were fined $1,000 each on misdemeanor charges of failing to report gifts worth more than $75.

They were accused of receiving money from prominent GOP donor Tom Noe, then contributing it to President Bush's re-election campaign in their own names in an alleged scheme by Noe to skirt laws limiting individual contributions to $2,000.

The four bring to 14 the number of people charged in the scandal centered on Noe, who was hired by the Ohio Workers' Compensation Bureau to manage a $50 million investment in rare coins.
  2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

And this proves that there was election fraud in Ohio, how?

All it shows is that there are greedy and dishonest Rep's just as there are greedy and dishonest Dem's, Greens, Libertarians, and Independents. A fact that everyone knows anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2005
  3. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

To me it shows that Ohio may have had a corrupt Republican machine, perhaps not unlike the machine that got JFK elected. (I must admit, 1960, if I was old enough, I would have defended the Chicago Democrat Party as much as most Republicans are defending the Ohio Republican Party.)
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

We might not agree on much of anything Patters, but I admire your honesty.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

How bout the dems in Philly, St Louis, Detriot, Milwalkuee,.....
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

I think the evidence of significant fraud is pretty lacking in those places, but there is evidence of some fraudulent activities.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

well there were precints in Philly whare > 100% pf registered voters voted, and went 99% dem. Sounds a bit fishy to me. The difference is this has gone on for so long in big cities no one pays attention. The dems are still in shock from their move to minority status after 1994 after 70 years in power. They are still in demial and think if they lose an election it must be stolen. They need to come up with a viable agenada, in stead of whining.
  8. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hola, viva bush presidente, here's bush waving the mexican flag just like the illegal aliens were on their protest day... Cheap labor for the american buisness man, with the president in full support.
    http://www.tnrip.org/Video/gwb_RNCHispanic.wmv
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2005
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You liberals crack me up. You whine and complain in 2000 about the unfair procedures in Florida (essentially Al Gore argued that his own voters were too stupid to know how to properly cast a ballot) so you cry for impartial machines and automation.

Ohio gives you what you want and you whine and complain about how the machines have been corrupted, etc, etc, etc.

Face it: You lost the election fair and square. Get over it.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

What a remarkably uninformed post. You really seem to have no understanding of what this issue is about.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

I agree with you here, Problem is, the dems see a noew pool of voters to play the race card with, and the unions see new members to be organized. The dems will be as bad as the pubbies.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

The Democratic Party is probably close to 50% minority, so I don't see how you can say the Dems are playing the race card, unless you also feel that the Republicans by their actions are playing the race card, for instance by using terms like "race card" to appeal to white voters who fear minority power. Also, unions see new members to organize, true, but I'm also sure big business sees new customers to sell to. What you're citing are issues with the free market, but you're rather one sided.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a remarkably bankrupt response. Please tell me which part about my post is incorrect. I certainly am not mistaken when I said Al Gore told the nation his own voters were too stupid to know how to vote properly in Florida. That was the whole basis of his "butterfly ballots are too complicated" contentions.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

QuiGon, we can't go back in time and correct stolen elections, but if we own up to the fact that our voting system has flaws, we can work together to make it more honest -- more honest in Milwaukee, in Detroit, in Ohio, and everywhere where there may be ways to commit fraud.
  15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I showed you the video of bush waving the mexican flag and reaching out to that community, and have witnessed the illegal invasion explosian across the u.s. since he's been president, and just read the stat where it's estimated that 60% of the estimated 10 to 12 million illegals have entered since 911.
    Good job mr president.
  16. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Harry did you see this video? and have you noticed the illegal alien population spread out across america in the last 5 years, reducing wages and driving up healthcare.
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

BC have you noticed the number of dems who are psssionatly against any type of border security? (Definitly not saying the pubbies are blameless here BTW)
  18. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes I have noticed ,I am for border security and enforcing laws to prohibit employers from hiring illegals. WATCHING that bush campaign video waving the mexican flag and essentially promoting this attrocity is disturbing, 60% PERCENT OF the 10 to 12 million illegals have entered the us after 911.
    The 80's were union busting
    The 2000's are for illegals aliens to further corrode the american working man's job, and in the process increase everyones healthcare cost, so that buisness can make more profit, some things never change, they just have different names.