From the Indy Message Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcmgb

On the Roster
Reaction score
A poster on the Colts Message Board...

Time to get the Job done

"I have recently been surged and get the feeling this is the year for the colts. They have gone through everything possible, injuries, early exits from the playoffs, missed opurtunities, deaths, and wide right kicks. I feel Peyton will be a man on a mission or the whole offensive for that matter to finally get us there. Yes we lost edge but we gain a younger edge with more explosiveness. Rest of the offensive is there. Loosing David T hurts but I have faith in the coaches and in gardener to get him ready. Its now or never and time to play(and train) like its your last chance at a SuperBowl. The Fans and the City deserves it after all these years. Go Get em"!

Bwahahahaha!!! What a loser :) Peyton is going to be a "Man on a Mission" this year? (Snicker, snicker, snort, snort :) ) They don't realize that they'll never have an easier road to the SB than they had last year? A bye week, a playoff game against the 6th seed and a home AFC championship, all on turf, all at home. They've gained a "younger Edge"? In Addai? I don't think he's played an NFL down yet has he? No, I didn't think so either. It's reading hopeless, pathetic posts like this from Colts fans that brings a little sunshine into a dreary preseason July morning.

It's amazing, but I actually think most Colts fans don't realize what a special back James was and how much he brought to their offense.

Last edited:
Hate to play Devil's Advocate, but why wouldn't Colts fans be excited ? They're still are a powerhouse in the AFC alongside the Steelers, Pats & Broncos.

I agree that last year was their best chance to date, but who thought that the Steelers would win it all last year ? After going 15-1 and not winning it all, they go 11-5 and barely make the playoffs, and then win the SB.

The window is getting smaller, but they still have the talent to win it all, and Manning is due to come up clutch sooner or later. He's 0-fer his lifetime. I'm just hoping he winds up 0-fer his career, but wouldn't shock me if he finally wins one.

Elway was considered a loser, and finally won 2 in a row in his late 30's.

I think the issue most of us have is that the mational media is saying the Pats have suffered MAJOR LOSSES in Givens, McGinest and AV, and not paying any attention to the fact that the Colts have lost Edgerrin James and two starters on D.

scott99 said:
Elway won 2 in a row when they added a Hall of Fame caliber RB to his offense, not when they took one away.

Unluckily winning doesn't run in those genes....

patsox23 said:
I think the issue most of us have is that the national media is saying the Pats have suffered MAJOR LOSSES in Givens, McGinest and AV, and not paying any attention to the fact that the Colts have lost Edgerrin James and two starters on D.

Exactly my point! The all mighty media and their love affair with Manning. I firmly believe that the Colts could lose anyone but as long as Manning is there, the Colts will be golden in the media's eyes. I won't deny that the Colts have talent, it's that "it" factor that some teams have that puts them over the top and the Colts just don't ever seem to be able to grab. Some teams have gotten it embedded in their team culture (the Pats since BB's arrival, the Cowboys forever), others manage to capture it for a year or two or three (the Giants of the late 80's, early 90's) and others manage to catch it for a year, like lightning in a bottle (2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs). You get a feeling watching some teams and the Colts are not a team that strikes fear into an opponent. I think this is one of the reasons so many of us despise the Colts so much; it certainly isn't a real rivalry and wasn't even when the Colts played in the AFC East. It's because thay haven't got that "it" that the fans can see and feel and yet the media can't or won't acknowledge.

Don't worry.Colts fans will be saying the same thing in July 07.

Last year was THE YEAR, right. And it didn't happen. It'll be very interesting to see if the Colts can bounce back psychologically this year. Fortunately, they're in a weak division but I wouldn't be surprised if the players themselves feel they can't win. There has to be some doubt after what happened last year. I know they think they've fixed their problems now that they have Vinatraitor but Vanderjerk wasn't the reason they lost that game.

Its spelled C-O-L-L-A-P-S-E

scott99 said:
Hate to play Devil's Advocate, but why wouldn't Colts fans be excited ? They're still are a powerhouse in the AFC alongside the Steelers, Pats & Broncos.

I agree that last year was their best chance to date, but who thought that the Steelers would win it all last year ? After going 15-1 and not winning it all, they go 11-5 and barely make the playoffs, and then win the SB.

The window is getting smaller, but they still have the talent to win it all, and Manning is due to come up clutch sooner or later. He's 0-fer his lifetime. I'm just hoping he winds up 0-fer his career, but wouldn't shock me if he finally wins one.

I consider the present Colts tream in danger of collapse, and have said so before.

scott99 said:
Elway started winning when he got Terrell Davis. Manning has had Edge and has him no more. It's not a good comparison to make. You could say "if the Colts ever get a really good defense", I suppose, but they aren't looking like they'll get any better and the offense always collapses in the key playoff game and that was with James.

BelichickFan said:
Elway started winning when he got Terrell Davis. Manning has had Edge and has him no more. It's not a good comparison to make. You could say "if the Colts ever get a really good defense", I suppose, but they aren't looking like they'll get any better and the offense always collapses in the key playoff game and that was with James.

John Elway single handedly took 3 previous Broncos teams to the Superbowl that had no business being there. He was also famous for his 4th quarter comebacks and having poise under pressure. He did all of this before he got Terrell Davis.

Peyton Manning's best chances have already gone by him. He had a stacked WR corp, one of the best running backs in James, and last year had a solid defense. His teams will now slowly begin to fade into mediocrity. He truly is this generation's Dan Marino.

Last edited:
usmcmgb said:

"I have recently been surged and get the feeling this is the year for the colts. They have gone through everything possible, injuries, early exits from the playoffs, missed opurtunities, deaths, and wide right kicks.

They've gone through INJURIES ... did he say?

Addai may have a decent season running the ball but as I posted before my co-workers nephew is trying to make the Colts this season (and seems to have a really good shot) and he says Addai is a rock and that he is having a hard time learning the playbook and his assignments.

For what it is worth.

Sorry with out a true running game the Colts will continue to Dream even with Tratior Adam Colts fall short again!!!

usmcmgb said:

Its now or never and time
I thought last year was now or never. I thought that all they needed was home field advantage.

Well, maybe the poster is right. Maybe it IS now or never ... and it isn't now.

mgcolby said:
Addai may have a decent season running the ball but as I posted before my co-workers nephew is trying to make the Colts this season (and seems to have a really good shot) and he says Addai is a rock and that he is having a hard time learning the playbook and his assignments.

For what it is worth.

The Colts are going down hard this year. Addai is not even close to talented enough to fill Edge James' shoes. Every defense can put on a full pass rush every down now and dare the Colts to do something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
sieglo said:
It's amazing, but I actually think most Colts fans don't realize what a special back James was and how much he brought to their offense.
Amen to that. I posted last year that the Colts record in games with Edge was something like 7-7 while they were at about 82% (IIRC) when he played. There is no way in that offense, with its passing emphasis and the necessary blitz pickups, that a rookie RB will perform at the level of an All-Pro like E. James. The first time Peyton pulls dirt and grass out of his mask he'll come to realize it. Then he'll know the real menaing of protection problems.....
Just my $0.02,

patsox23 said:
I think the issue most of us have is that the mational media is saying the Pats have suffered MAJOR LOSSES in Givens, McGinest and AV, and not paying any attention to the fact that the Colts have lost Edgerrin James and two starters on D.

What two starters???

David Thorton is one. Who is the other??

Miguel said:
What two starters???

David Thorton is one. Who is the other??

He's probably talking about DT Tripplett. He was a rock inside while Freeney & Mathis freelanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes