Welcome to PatsFans.com

From Super Bowl 36 to now: Warner full circle

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Lifer, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

At the time the Patriots beat the Rams I wanted them to pound and punish Kurt Warner and they certainly did so. Who could forget when McGinest nailed him in the 4th quarter "They shoulda knocked him out!!!!!!!!!"

The Patriots beat up Kurt Warner but I remember gaining such a respect for him that night. He kept coming and coming. And he was never the same after that. In 2002 the magic was gone, it was like the Patriots beat it out of him.

But by last night I was rooting hard for him, I admire how he just hung around and revived his career. From hating him before Super Bowl 36 I have become a big fan of his, not just because the reports of what a great guy he is, but as a football fan.

Good luck to you Kurt, beat the Steelers!!!!!!
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'm OK with Warner except when he starts thanking God and he was a little chatty when the talk about the supposed walkthrough filming was going on. Nothing close to the Eagles, though, and their talk about the Camera as is related to SB 39.
  3. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't want the Steelers to win so I'm rooting for Kurt Warner.
  4. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

When you think of where Warner was in the 2-3 years after the beat down the Pats gave him in SB 36, it really is a miracle (his God-thanking histrionics notwithstanding) that he is where he is today.

Although I expect the Steelers D might be too much for him, I also can't wait to see if he and Whizenhunt (sp?) (and Larry Fitzgerald of course) can come up with a plan to beat the Steelers. That would be sweet. And I am not thinking that this will be a boring Superbowl as so many pundits are. Of course, if it is a blowout by halftime, I reserve the right to change my mind!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.