PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From non-American fellow fans - Happy Thanksgiving guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From non-American fellow fans - Happy Thanksgiving guys..

Never been out East, what's it like compared to Ontario?

Never been out East, what's it like compared to Ontario?

not bad, weather is similar to boston really, I lived there (Boston/Brighton) for 3 years.

Nice little town, no pro sports though....

Have a great day, eat lots and travel safe!

Back in the 1970's, my parents took us to Nova Scotia on a camping trip. It was beautiful and I've never forgotten Cape Breton highway, the beaches and the strange number of fresh water streams that cut through many of the beaches.

What I found surprising is that the water was warmer than the beaches around Boston. The streams that cut through the beaches were perfect for rinsing off the salt water.

The 1,000' cliffs that pushed up against the shoreline remind me of Big Sur in California. Isn't Halifax where there was a catastrophy where millions of gallons of Molasses spilled and killed many people?

Back in the 1970's, my parents took us to Nova Scotia on a camping trip. It was beautiful and I've never forgotten Cape Breton highway, the beaches and the strange number of fresh water streams that cut through many of the beaches.

What I found surprising is that the water was warmer than the beaches around Boston. The streams that cut through the beaches were perfect for rinsing off the salt water.

The 1,000' cliffs that pushed up against the shoreline remind me of Big Sur in California. Isn't Halifax where there was a catastrophy where millions of gallons of Molasses spilled and killed many people?

Molasses? There is a word I have not heard in a while. Not too sure about that one. However there was the explosion up here back in the day that pretty much leveled the city, it was the largest artifical explosion since the first A-bomb. A lot of Bostonian's and New Englanders came to our aid and many older people in the region did not forget it. They are dying off now however, the explosion was in 1917 or something. We still send a Christmas tree down re: that explosion for the lighting at the Prud.

Yeah, we have some warmer water beaches than you guys, weird I know, I think it has to do with the current of something.

I miss not going to the games in Foxborough though, I would always go to at least a couple a year. Gilette stadium must be awesome and with the weapons we have this year....holy. It'd be nice to see a game live.

Anyways I digress. Back to football.....:)

not bad, weather is similar to boston really, I lived there (Boston/Brighton) for 3 years.

Nice little town, no pro sports though....

I've been to Halifax a few times and loved it every time. I don't think people realize how beautiful it is up there. Between PEI and Halifax, they really are worth visiting!

I hear there is better lobster fisheries in Nova Scotia than in Maine.

I hear there is better lobster fisheries in Nova Scotia than in Maine.

yeah, there is a lot of lobster up here, our high dollar may hurt the guys this year though.

....I would say the price is a bit cheaper than Legal...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes