PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From KFFL..Branch wishes to stay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgteich said:
Almost every player that has gone has said the same thing. Of course he hopes and expects that the patriots will give him close to the best deal. What is he supposed to say?

My gut reaction is that Branch will stay. Yes, players do use the "this is my first choice, but..." line because they feel that is what they are supposed to say, but there is little behind it. I get a sense of sincerety from Branch's comments, unlike with Givens I could tell that he really had no problem going else were. I think when Branch said "I'll go into free agency if I have to" that was coming more from that fact that you never know what the Pats are thinking and they let unexpected players walk without as much of an offer. Branch reminds me a bit of Troy Brown, and the Pat's definitely value that, along with the connection between him and Brady. Someone already brought up Bruschi who said flat out "I want to be a Patriot for the rest of my career." I have also heard recent reports from Felger that the Pats are working on his contract extension. I think it is though to finalize anything without first knowing Seymour's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back