Welcome to PatsFans.com

From John McCain to the American People

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 10, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Senators John McCain & Tom Coburn have been watch-dogging the spending of the $800B stimulus package since it began. Months ago, these 2 senators listed the 100 projects that were a waste of taxpayers money which resulted in some corrections by the Obama administration.

Now, they have posted a new list of 100 "waste of money" projects". Below is a few of the top 100.

1. “Almost Empty” Mall Awarded Energy Grant ($5 million)
    2. Renovations for Federal Building as Expensive as New Building ($133 million)
    3. DTV Advertising Agency Generates Three Jobs ($5.9 million)
    4. Research to Develop Supersonic Corporate Jets ($4.7 Million)
    5. Water Pipeline to a Money-Losing Golf Course ($2.2 million)

Here's a link for more details;

http://mccain.senate.gov/public/ind...Store_id=41c9dff7-2318-4777-ab6a-73a0841cefe0

Now, some may defend the stimulus with comments like "Hey, they'll always be some waste in gov't spending!" or "it's the way it's been in this country for years". To that I say "BUNK"! Now is no time for BS excuses...at this moment in time, this country can't afford a penny of waste. The stimulus package is the perfect opportunity for this nation to STOP waste...100% of it! Every expenditure should he hyper-analyzed to ensure it will result in a true benefit to Americans.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +808 / 6 / -9

Ah, John McCain, the opportunistic budget hawk.

That said, some of these I have no problem with. I see you edited your original post... don't really have an issue with the sentiment.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I think all of us, as citizens, should care about what our gov't does. But we can't afford to do it from a partisan perspective. Sadly, I think partisanship is at its peak in this country.